MMS not working on Galaxy Nexus

GoGayleGo

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Can't send pictures, gets stuck "sending" (I'm stock, unrooted). Was happening before update, still happening now. I see other folks with this issue on the Sprint forums, does anyone here have any actual info?

Also, WiFi is fine and I have no trouble getting to the internet. No trouble sending non-picture texts either.

tharealest

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I started to noticed the issue with my GN while I'm on WiFi but not connected to Sprint network. Sometimes when I'm back on Sprint's network I have to keep trying to resend the MMS out. I thought it was just me.

GoGayleGo

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I also updated Profile and PRL this morning.

Someone on the Sprint forums suggested that I log into my account online, go to Preferences, Limits/Permissions, and block pictures and videos. Leave it for 15 minutes to take effect, then go back and unblock them.

While that didn't seem to work, I then deleted all my text threads and started new ones. Now I am able to send pictures, at least for the moment. Whatever.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I read on XDA that it's problems with the Sprint network, not with you phone. There have been local MMS outages in different area around the country. Apparently sometimes blocking and unblocking MMS will resolve the problem on the network side.

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I spent a couple hours trying to figure this out last night, even tried flashing different ROMs and radios. What I got to work was downloading go sms pro (I usually use the stock messaging app) and then I could send/receive MMS through the app and occasionally through the stock messaging app. So I just disabled everything in Go SMS Pro so that texts still go through my stock messaging app and if I need to do something with MMS and my stock app is stuck "sending" or "downloading" I just do it in the Go SMS Pro app, which I keep on the second screen of my dock so it's still easy to get to and out of the way, and it works perfectly.

ProRookie_7

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
In response to MMS not working for the Galaxy Nexus for Sprint. What has really worked for me seems to be updating my profile and my PRL.

Settings >About phone >Sprint system updates >update Profile & PRL.

This also helps when you have trouble receiving MMS and allows your internet to run a lot smoother. Doing this every few days or week helps clear data congestion.