MMS/SMS app returns to "wrong" message

froggersloth

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
So, a strange problem. I get text messages from my bank for various reasons. I also get text messages from folks I know. So, let's say I have a conversation via text and then hit "home". Then, I decide to re-read a text message. I hold the "home" button and select the texting app from the 8-app popup panel. For some reason, it *always* enters me into the text messages from my bank. Not the listing of conversations, not the most-recently read... always the bank messages, even though there are no waiting messages for me there. Any idea what's up? What determines which messages load, and how do I change it?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing on a couple of sms apps. Stock and Handcent, so it's pretty normal.

If you just hit Home while in an active conversation, then open the app again, it usually opens to the same conversation you had open when you closed the app. Usually.

Hit the back button to the main listing, then hit Home to exit the app. When you start the app again, it should show the entire listing.

But why it defaults to only your bank messages, hmmmmm....

Of course, I "should" look at my handcent options...... one day....

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm...... if you're directing the question at me, it's 2.3 and HC 3.2, 2 devices, same results, custom Roms.

Must be the ROM, I don't have that problems at all.

If I hit home while in the messaging app and go about my business and hit the messaging icon again, it will take me to the message list.
If I hit home and go about my business than hold home button to show the 8 recently use app and hit the messaging icon, it will take me back to the
last place I was at.

froggersloth

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Hit the "back" button, before hitting "home"

FWIW, I tried that... it still returned to the same thread of messages. In fact, the only thing that seems to have helped was deleting that thread. I backed it up, then killed it... no more problem. More a workaround than a proper solution, I suppose.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Would be curious to know if it happens again when that sender sends sms to you. Perhaps it's some sort of special formatting the bank uses, although I couldn't imagine what it would be.