Mobile Data button disappeared with latest 4.1.1. update

ReidPerkins

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I used to always use the pull down bar and select mobile data, allowing me to conveniently sturn it on or off to save data. However, after updating my S3 the button disappeared. How do I put that button back in place?

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It was removed from "quick links" in the notification bar, so you have to go to <settings>, <data usage>, and uncheck "mobile data". You can access settings from the "gear" icon in the notification bar.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings > more settongs > mobile networks and uncheck mobile data.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
There is an app called Power Toggles. It will allow you to put it back, but not in the same place. You can either put it on your home screen or in your notification bar.

Here's a pic of what it looks like:
ugusuvas.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
tried and LOVE power toggles. now i can turn on data when sending a photo without exiting the message app to do so. thanks ray!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
No problem. You're welcome. :)

I like to think that the mobile data toggle being removed was one of the best things that could've happened because it forced me to find an alternative. Power Toggles was a lifesaver because I'm a hawk when it comes to my data. Plus it's nice having other toggles right there on the home screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

red76dragon

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I cannot figure out how to get the button back either. it's not very convenient now. I don't want to push that many buttons especially if I'm in a hurry to turn data off cause something is eating away at it...like too many emails coming in and such.

cslinn

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Found a solution for the missing Mobile Data button, at least on Verizon Galaxy S3. Instead of the Gear icon, choose the one next to it (three squares and a double arrow - don't know what it is called!). That lists the possible items for the Notification bar at the top. You can click and hold any one of the items shown, and then drag it where you want it. Just do that with "Mobile Data", and drag it up to the first line, and then it should appear. You can also pick other things to appear, and change the order, if you want.

toddrich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I loved this convenient button and I agree this was only done to make it harder to turn off Mobile Data so the phone companies can squeeze us for every penny.
Shame on Android, Shame!
I hate it when i upgrade and something I really like disappears for NO good reason.

BTW there is not an option to add it like a previous poster said. This button is not even in the options after you upgrade.

I'm going to try the power toggles app, Thanks

prov6yahoo

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I was bad mouthing Samsung for taking the mobileData button away from the quickPanel, but now I see that they were actually trying to fix an issue with this change. Before this change was made you could accidentally leave the mobileData button on instead of using WiFi, and because of that you would inadvertently burn up your data. I downloaded the Android Control Panel app which does have the mobileData button, and now I see what Samsung is doing. Samsung took the button away because they made the switching between WiFi and mobileData automatic. Now when the phone connects to WiFi it automatically turns off mobileData, and when WiFi loses connection the mobileData turns on. They still could have left the mobileData button where it was, and people could have figured out that it now switches automatically (as I did with the new app). Samsung could have saved themselves and phone owners a lot of grief over this if they had just left the button where it was.