Mobile Data loss on CVC5 update with T-Mobile?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Updated to the March CVC5 update on my factory Unlocked on the T-Mobile and ever since I will randomly get knocked down to either No data, H, H+ or 3G when I am in a fast 5G area. Only way I see to fix this is to cycle Airplane mode. Anyone else experiencing this and any remedies?

Attachments

• 11652.jpg
    11652.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 96

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't experienced this either and I am also unlocked on TMobile. I have recently moved to a area that doesn't have great signal in my house and had to get a signal booster. But has nothing to do with the issue you are having. Strange

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I am unlocked on T-Mobile and don't have the issue anymore.. But I have 5g turned off. I tried the xda fix and it helped some but haven't had anymore trouble since turning off 5g. I am retired so mostly at home and pretty much didn't have any 5g signal at my house anyway.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
I am unlocked on T-Mobile and don't have the issue anymore.. But I have 5g turned off. I tried the xda fix and it helped some but haven't had anymore trouble since turning off 5g. I am retired so mostly at home and pretty much didn't have any 5g signal at my house anyway.

Thanks for this, if it still happens I'll do the same and turn off 5G.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site

Out of curiosity, if I wanted to revert back to the default bands prior to the xda dialer code trick, how do you reset it?

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Updated to the March CVC5 update on my factory Unlocked on the T-Mobile and ever since I will randomly get knocked down to either No data, H, H+ or 3G when I am in a fast 5G area. Only way I see to fix this is to cycle Airplane mode. Anyone else experiencing this and any remedies?

I am experienced this on the outer screen.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, if I wanted to revert back to the default bands prior to the xda dialer code trick, how do you reset it?
If I remember correctly (which I am getting older) you can go back in the same way you got in from the xda directions and just clear the ones you blocked.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
This is the kind of issues I had BEFORE the update, which fixed my issues. I even get 5G UC now in most places.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Ok let us know.

Well I tested the XDA dialer code fix and it does seem to stop the issue with dropping data but it also only gives me 4G in areas where I would get 500+ Mbps speeds, which stinks. So I have to chose between slower speeds or higher speeds if it doesn't drop data, what a joke.

From now on I'm just going to buy the T-Mobile branded phones. I don't care about a couple extra bloat apps if my phone works correctly.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well I tested the XDA dialer code fix and it does seem to stop the issue with dropping data but it also only gives me 4G in areas where I would get 500+ Mbps speeds, which stinks. So I have to chose between slower speeds or higher speeds if it doesn't drop data, what a joke.

From now on I'm just going to buy the T-Mobile branded phones. I don't care about a couple extra bloat apps if my phone works correctly.
Good to hear , sometimes for some reason carrier branded seem to get better connection

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Understand that. Agreed...

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
BTW, just got the April update. Turned 5g back on to see if any better. Probably not but what the heck. Thought I would give it a whirl.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So, let me get this straight...

There were a subset of users BEFORE the update that were getting a ton of connectivity issues after the update to Android 12... I was one of those... I HATED it, but the best fix was the Airplane Mode since the Dialer fix out there killed any ability for me to connect to 5G and 4G LTE sucked for speeds (normally, it doesn't, but in this case, it did).

Then, the CVC5 update rolls out, and for me (and a lot that had the issue), it seems fixed. However, those that did NOT have the issues PRIOR to the update, now have the issue.

This is very Suspect as to their ability to support multiple variants of a device, even when the differences are very slight.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have the issue before the update and after the update I still do not have the issue. I am unlocked on TMOBILE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia