Monthly Google security updates

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
So I heard Google does monthly security updates for the nexus devices? What kinda security updates are they exactly doing and suddenly why so often? Also is this something new because I don't remember monthly updates before..

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
So I heard Google does monthly security updates for the nexus devices? What kinda security updates are they exactly doing and suddenly why so often? Also is this something new because I don't remember monthly updates before..

It is relatively new and will arrive in the form of an Android update. It is basically to provide a quicker response to security issues that pop up. The one month time frame is because it gives enough time to program and test the fixes, yet still get them out in a timely manner. In most ways, it is the same thing Microsoft does with Windows, with their monthly patch day.

krabby

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
It's possible the December update might include the 0.1 bump that has rolled out in some areas. The Tmo VoLTE update is in turn expected to be included in that which will give those guys band twelve.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand all the hoopla about emojis. I saw an article about those new emojis on several blogs. I'm praying for a bluetooth fix!