Morning Routine switched to Google Podcasts for daily history

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
About a month ago, the Morning Routine on its own changed from reading out what happened on this day in history from Wikipedia to playing a Google Podcast. I did not make the change.

The Google Podcast is "stuck" on April 22nd, so each morning it tries to play the same podcast. I have not found a setting to change back to the "reading out" from Wikipedia.

Anyone experience this, or have ideas or how to resolve?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Did you try going into the Assistant settings > Routines and edit the Morning routine to change it back to what you want?
8754f44f084e258c8da8f9195571fdec.jpg

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Thx, yes I checked that setting. I'm not seeing an option. Could be "hiding in plain sight", though and I've just missed it.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Do you have read a podcast as one of the routines in the list? If so try removing it and save the routine. See what happens the next day, and if all is good try to re-add whatever you want Assistant to read to you.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Good idea. There is a "Tell me what happened today in history" Routine. Clicking on that does not show any details or ability to select the action "source" as Podcast or Wikipedia.

I have no idea how that Podcast was added/invoked. It is for April 22nd, and what is strange about that is the Podcast started well after April 22nd.

I removed the action, and saved. Then I added the action and saved.

Will see on Monday if the action triggers a Podcast, or if Assistant reads from Wikipedia for "Tell me what happened today in history". The actions are for a Google Assistant Routine that is tied to a 0700 alarm that runs Monday-Friday.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
No change in behavior after removing and re-adding the "Tell me what happened today in history" action. The unwanted/unexpected Podcast "Tell Me What Happened Today in History" Podcast read by "Chloe and Ka..." played again this morning. Google Assistant Settings shows that "Podcasts/Your podcast services/No default provider" is set.

Alarm/Google Assistant Routine states "When I dismiss my alarm, this Routine will: "Tell me about the weather", "Tell me about today's calendar", "Tell me about today's reminders". In the Google Assistant Routine/Suggested actions/ the "Tell me what happened today in history" is an available selection, which means that it is not added to the active Alarm tied Routine.

Whats interesting is after re-adding "Tell me what happened today in history" to the Routine (yes, the Routine changes were saved after removing/adding), the "Tell me what happened today in history" is not in the active Alarm tied Routine.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Thursday morning, two days ago, Google Assistant started reading out "Tell me what happened today in history" from Wikipedia. I made zero changes after those described above on 17Dec21. Will see if the expected behavior continues on Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS