Most protective case for SGN2: OtterBox?

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my Commuter was about half the price, free overnight shipping and 30 day return policy. In all fairness, I forget about them too. My sister is an amazon freak and reminded me ;)

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

LOL nice. At least you got someone reminded me while I didn't have any. :(

padre1357

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
You have 2 choices. Either insure the phone, or ultra case protection. I know of only 1 non destructible phone. Ol skool motorola star tak. Fell 3' onto a steel deck, fell. 7'down steel stairs off a train, bounced accross 3' of slag. The rocks th railroad uses beneath thier tracks and only got a scratch. Lets use some common sense. Im goin otter box cause i work construction. Think your worst case scenario an be prepared for that.

laststop311

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If all you care about is having the best rated protection for your phone no matter what the cost (money, phone bulkiness etc) then the otterbox defender is the case for you. If you are more budget minded but still want good protection you can go on eBay and browse around for a nice cheap 2 piece case (thin hard shell that snaps on first followed by the silicone rubber grip and shock absorber). This will be many many many times cheaper and offer about 97% the effectiveness of the otterbox for 500% less money. If you want a case mainly just for protection from day to day scratches and also that's extremely thin so you aren't making the huge phone already any bigger you can find a cheap 1 piece silicone case. It will still protect somewhat against drops and it will protect from scuffs and scratches and offer superior grip, all while barely increasing the devices size.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
No offense guys but wow. 2 feet? I've dropped my iPhone from about 5 feet off the ground without a scratch. This thread has me reconsidering this phone. I really don't want to put a case on something that is already huge. Sorry about your phones.

tkfisher

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to take this opportunity to suggest the Trident Kraken. I have one for my gnex, and I'll be getting one for my note 2. You can't beat the protection, and having modular accessories is a cool plus. The Belt clip is absolute rubbish on them, but having the hard plastic over the silicone makes it pocketable even with the added bulk. Their customer service is second to none as well. I really cannot recommend their product enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

I thought they weren't making the Kraken for the Note 2? Don't know why they decided not too make one. I looked on their Facebook page and it was being blown up by Note 2 users wanting a Kraken.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
My phone cracked with the Samsung case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375710768181.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375710768181.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 32

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the defender and many other cases but defender is on 90% hate how big phone is so I may grab commuter.
I doubt uag will do the trick.
Going to att and have them install a screen protector

DeadWavesea

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
OP if you're mainly worried about the screen, how about a tempered glass screen protector? Feels just as good as the natural screen and many drop tests show that it cracks the protector but not the screen underneath. I've seen people take a hammer to their phones on youtube with one on and not a nik or scratch to be seen underneath! When I get a the note, that's what i'll be getting.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been using CM's Pop style cases ever since my S2 Skyrocket. I've dropped my Note 2 onto hardwood, concrete, carpet... I think I even dropped it on my dad's gravel driveway once. Having the Note 2 and dropping it face down always makes my heart skip a beat, even with this case on it. But I have yet to sustain a cracked or shattered screen or even scuffs on the bezel or camera lens. Plus this case doesn't add the bulk and weight of other protective cases I've seen. I've also gone several months without the Moshi screen protector as well.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you have a point ..a screen protector.
Maybe with that my phone wouldn't of shattered.
Granted the next phone I git from ascurion runs sane as the new one. .but 200 $ poorer

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
My phone cracked with the Samsung case

I use the same case in Black and my phone has tumbled to the ground getting out of the car several times and it has never gotten so much as a scratch. One time was face down too.
I guess I've just been lucky. I've been babying my phone for the last 7 months I've had it.

I also have the UAG which has bumper corners and a nice lip around the front, I use it whenever I feel like I'm going somewhere where I might be more prone to dropping it. Yet I've never dropped my phone with my UAG on.

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
No offense guys but wow. 2 feet? I've dropped my iPhone from about 5 feet off the ground without a scratch. This thread has me reconsidering this phone. I really don't want to put a case on something that is already huge. Sorry about your phones.

I here WAY more stories about people dropping theire IPHONES and either A) scracking the screen or B) cracking the glass back
I'm not here to convince you though.

JayD

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Been using a Spigen Illuzion since I got my Note 2 a couple of months ago. It has a press button front to keep it closed up & protected. It's one of the more expensive cases out there, but cheaper than a busted Note 2!
yhedajyd.jpg

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

ncridgerunner

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Bought my phone used and it came with a Commuter case but I ordered a Defender case because I like a holster. When the phone is out of the holster there is not much difference in the size between the Commuter and Defender cases. The holster does make it larger. For me it wears very comfortably on my belt.

Nancy Clay

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my Note 2 with OEM Samsung case and tempered glass screen protector about 2 feet from chair onto ceramic tile floor. The glass did not break but the LCD got damaged. Just a small blue thumb like print in the lower right hand corner but by next morning the whole screen was black. I paid $184 to get it repaired. I just purchased an Otterbox Commuter case. It does make the phone much larger but if it saves my phone, I think it's worth the trade-off.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought a used obox defender for $10 and it protected my note 2 from a couple of drops last week. We'll worth the bulk

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk