Moto Car Mount + Otterbox Commuter

pkooistra

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever get an answer on this? I need a protective case that will also work with the car dock. Let me know if you have any suggestions that you know work.

KTamez

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Commuter. Close but it won't quite fit the dock even with removing the sleeve on the dock. Sorry. I got it in about half way.

Don't know if its the same across the nation, but I think I got the case for cost at Radio Shack. It was a weird price, $26.91. Well below the typical $34.99

KTamez

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you try it with removing the outer shell? Will it not fit even with just the silicon?

I didn't, It may fit that way, but you would need to cut off the plugs for the Screen Button (Which would make the case basically useless as you wouldn't be able to touch the screen off/on button anymore with the case on), and the USB/HDMI ports, as the HDMI one flops out of the way and would interefere with fitment as well. If you went through the effort of taking the hard shell off, the rubber shell comes off in a split second (MUCH easier than the hard shell), and so I'd just take it off if you wanted to use the dock.

I'm keeping my dock for instances when I go out of town to somewhere I do not know the area at all (like a Vacation if I ever got one LOL) and will be using it ALOT for navigation, I will just pull it from the case for awhile.

In 17 years with cell phones I've never had a case and never had a problem until about 6 weeks ago when:

A)my DX got dunked in water (I know this case doesn't help but maybe just a little with that),

and then

B)a Dinc that I borrowed while waiting for my contract to expire (and conveniently the Bionic to come out at about the same time), I dropped and broke the screen on.

Bad couple week stretch for phones for me. Not scared of running the phone naked, just a little gunshy after the way Auguast went hehe.

pkooistra

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
bummer... it seems like the only case that will work is the one VZ is selling. I just don't know how much protection that will offer and I have no need for a belt clip :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07