Moto G with Google Now launcher but with a slight lollipop look,

SlobJunkie

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
My wife has a moto g 2014, and with default google now launcher, her phone is still on 4.4.4 Kitkat but her launcher seems to have taken on a bit of a lollipop look.

The App drawer button is now white, the google search bar at the top is white, and the background of the app drawer is also white. This has also happened on her Tesco Hudl 2, but hasn't happened on my sons moto g or my oneplus one. both of which are running the google now launcher, and according to google play hasn't had an update since August 2014.

Has anyone else seen this on these devices

Thanks

Del

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There can be some variation between devices when it comes to the color of the App Drawer button or the background of the App Drawer. Not sure why.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The OP wasn't talking about updating the system to Lollipop. He was talking about the launchers taking on a Lollipop "Material Design" appearance.

Uriel Galindo

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea I was watching YouTube videos and then when I clicked the home button and then I noticed that the app drawer was white and that google now had a different look

Posted via the Android Central App

NicolasMa

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same thing on mine since this night. I first hoped it was the beginning of a lollipop update, but it only seems to be a launcher update.
So is there any way to revert it as without lollipop it's just whiten flat and ugly ?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Those changes came with the last Google app update in the Play Store. Just a little taste of Lollipop and I don't think there's a simple way to change those colours. Just another reason to use a custom launcher. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette