Moto G50 gallery not showing a file of photos transferred from PC

Glyn Foster

Jan 6, 2022
Visit site
I have copied a set of photos from my PC to both my SD card and (when they didn't show up in the Gallery app) also onto my permanent storage. Both sets of photos are showing up in the files app as being there, and visible as a photo - but they are not appearing in the Gallery App to create an album. I've remounted the SD card, and re booted the phone, but I still can't see them in the Gallery. Any suggestions as yo how I can do this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What directory on the phone or SD card did you copy the photos to? What file format are the photos -- jpg?

Using a file manager app, look in the directory with the photos, and see if there's a file called ".nomedia". If you see that, delete it, then try again.

Glyn Foster

Jan 6, 2022
Visit site
All photos are JPGs; the photos on the internal drive were copied into a folder within the DCIM; when copied onto the SD card I copied them into a folder within a 'Photographs' folder that has had photos copied into it before that have shown up in the photos app. I found 2 copies 0f 'nomedia' files in my main storage data and obb files; deleted them and then re-started my phone - no difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
You use Google photos on your Moto? If you go on your computer transfer to your Google account /photos from computer they should show up.with same Gmail in Google photos on the phone .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try also clearing the app cache/data for the Gallery app in the Settings>Apps menu, then open it again and give it a few seconds to rebuild the database.

You can also try this app to rescan for media, although I'm not sure if it works on more recent Android versions: media.Re.Scan

Glyn Foster

Jan 6, 2022
Visit site
That's interesting. I have cleared the storage and cache on Settings, App info for the Photos app; left the phone for a couple of minutes and then opened the Photos App again - for a few seconds I can see all the photos I was trying to add and can actually open and view the photographs - but then these photos disappear.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is the Google Photos app? Was that the stock gallery app that came with the phone?

Try also a 3rd party gallery app like Simple Gallery as a test.

Also, did you try that media.Re.Scan app I suggested in my previous post?

Glyn Foster

Jan 6, 2022
Visit site
Yes, I did try Media.Re.scan - didn't show any improvement. I've always been able to see the photos via the Files app; just not been able to see them in the photos app, and thus the pictures aren't available in my Library.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you looking in the Google Photos main feed (the Photos tab at the bottom)? What if you tap the Library tab, then look through the various options in Photos On Device?