Moto z2 play is a downgrade from my other Motorola phones.

Neil Braun

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, if this gets disjointed it's because I can't see what I'm typing. There is an advertisement on top of everything...
Anyhow, I started my smartphone life with a Droid Ultra, upgraded to a Droid Maxx, and then to Droid Turbo 2. All three were better in almost every way than the Moto Z2 play. Right off I disliked the camera and gallery apps and wanted my old ones back and can't get them, that aside I ran almost instantly into something worse. It's slow, and it freezes constantly. If I'm typing, it will stop, I can keep typing and it will suddenly blurt out a garbled mess. That's agravating, but waiting for thirty seconds or more for chrome to open a new tab, for the settings screen to open, for almost anything to happen is horrible. I would trade this for the Droid Ultra which had 16gb of storage (11gb after bloatware from Verizon). The battery lasts about six hours of what is normal use to me, and will get about ten if I don't use it at all.
This is stuff it's done since I got it. I get the "this app is not responding" thing for all apps constantly when it does it's little freezing trick, and since I don't know where the report is actually going I just tell who ever it is it's the phone, not the app.
If anyone has any suggestions I would be thrilled, this is a terrible downgrade, even the cameras in the other ones were better, especialy the Droid Turbo 2.
Thanks for any help you might have, I'm gong to the Verizon place soon and giving it back if I can't figure out what's wrong.

Cheers,
Neil

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Have you done all the app and software updates? I know it took a few hours when i first got mine to get all the updates done. Sorry you're having such trouble. Maybe you just got a lemon. I've had mine for 3 months and haven't ran into the issues you're having. This is the best phone I've owned.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Totally not my experience coming from DROID, DROID BIONIC, Moto X, Moto X Pure Edition, Moto Z Force Droid.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried safe mode, the things only two weeks old, but I have cleared the cache

Is it the Verizon or unlocked version?
Where do you purchase? Have you contacted the seller?
Have you tried a factory reset?

BTW, this Z2P is better than my "flagship" Moto X Pure Edition, in battery life, weight and not running hot.

Last edited: