Motorola Assist Battery Drain

Brenda Tippin

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Seem to have solved this problem. After I disabled the Motorola Assist, it disappeared from my Apps page. I then noticed that the Battery Saver was not staying on. Not sure if this was happening before and was a part of the battery drain connected with Motorola Assist, or if the phone was now "misbehaving" as they had warned because I disabled a preinstalled app. But anyway, when I would turn on the Battery Saver it was turning right back off. So I reset the App settings to default and turned Motorola Assist back on with all the options. I then went into Google Play and adjusted settings to make sure apps do not update automatically - The Motorola Assist app had updated and I suspected that update was maybe causing the problem. So now I have not charged the phone at all since last evening, and it is still at over 80% battery left, even though Location is turned on and I am using a live wallpaper screensaver.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Seem to have solved this problem. After I disabled the Motorola Assist, it disappeared from my Apps page. I then noticed that the Battery Saver was not staying on. Not sure if this was happening before and was a part of the battery drain connected with Motorola Assist, or if the phone was now "misbehaving" as they had warned because I disabled a preinstalled app. But anyway, when I would turn on the Battery Saver it was turning right back off. So I reset the App settings to default and turned Motorola Assist back on with all the options. I then went into Google Play and adjusted settings to make sure apps do not update automatically - The Motorola Assist app had updated and I suspected that update was maybe causing the problem. So now I have not charged the phone at all since last evening, and it is still at over 80% battery left, even though Location is turned on and I am using a live wallpaper screensaver.

Same here... The assist has always been buggy when I get missed calls it kept the CPU always on. It was doing this 1 week and a half ago. The touchless controls also seems faulty when you ask it to call someone while in drive mode.

Posted via Android Central App

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I suspected that update was maybe causing the problem. So now I have not charged the phone at all since last evening, and it is still at over 80% battery left, even though Location is turned on and I am using a live wallpaper screensaver.
The problem was a New Year's Eve bug and it resolved itself today. However, the update they pushed is supposed to prevent it from happening again in the future.

So, it was not the update that caused the problem and in fact, you should download the update they are pushing.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
This update a few people mention, is that the Dec 19th update or a newer one?

I think they mean the Dec 19 update. I disabled Assist, which uninstalled that update. Rebooted, reinstalled the Dec 19 update, and Assist is working fine now. Battery is back to normal, currently in meeting mode, and I had messed around with the sleep times earlier to make sure it would go into sleeping mode. All good.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Everything is back to normal today. Getting awesome battery life again

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking this was a calendar day bug personally. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who had problems doesn't see them tomorrow.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100%. I haven't had the problem since I force stopped it and let it start again on it's own. I haven't rebooted or anything. 22hr 53m on the same charge, 34% remaining, sleeping pretty normal. If it was the end of the world, I don't think I'd be seeing normal performance.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
All I know is that assist is still running funky for me... Ive been getting these battery drains from assist for the past week and a half.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me new year's eve. I left the house with 100%. Within 2 hours I was down to 78% only making one phone call and sending 2 text messages. Moto Assist had used 70% of the battery use at that time. Force stop and reboots did not seem to fix it. Good thing I decided to take my iPhone out with me as well. Yesterday it just seemed to stop and go back to normal.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had noticed on Dec 31, that the Moto Assist was showing like 30%.
I didnt really notice no drastic battery drain as some did, I dont know why.
All I did was clear the cache,clear data,recheck my options in Moto Assist so far so good.It doesnt show anywhere in the list anymore.
I havent gotten any update to the app as some mentioned about a staged update to Moto Assist being pushed out from the playstore.Im not really bothered tho since as others said it seems to be resolved.