Motorola Customer Service: Moto Care and terrible service experience

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto Care and terrible service experience

I agree with the last post. I went there as I was on the phone with "escalations" for over an hour. Within 30 minutes of my post on there a nice lady, who spoke English, called me and had a "loaner" over-nighted to me. The following day I had a code to buy a new phone. That phone arrives today.

I'd give up on the phone. I've been up the ladder with escalations, and been told the whole "I have no idea when we'll get parts..." stuff. Go to forums.motorola.com and work with the folks there. It goes much faster and much easier.

I've gone to the Motorola Forums and searched for "terrible customer service" or just "customer service." The search resulted in a lengthy list. The most recent, February posts, have not been resolved. Where did you post your complaints and do they pull the posts that have been successfully dealt with?

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

I've gone to the Motorola Forums and searched for "terrible customer service" or just "customer service." The search resulted in a lengthy list. The most recent, February posts, have not been resolved. Where did you post your complaints and do they pull the posts that have been successfully dealt with?

I've seen nearly all 'issues' dealt with successfully once the RMA information has been escalated by a Moderator to one of the Moto emplyees (KariMoto is a superstar!), so try to find a thread with your type of problem and provide the RMA and request help politely ... done.

No posts are pulled, ever, even if the poster asks for it ... they can and will suspend your account when requested, but the new Forum platform will mean a new registration & log-in procedure so those that want to leave can just not Register there. All the existing threads/posts are to be migrated and we *all* hope it's a smooth process!

Future emails to those registered on the existing Forum should be arriving "Soon!", to use an all too familiar Moto term.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

I ended up having someone from their escalation team reach out to me and offer me a code for a new device.I already purchased a Galaxy S6 so I'm not sure if I'm going to use the new Moto when it arrives next week or not. Motorola really soured me with the experience I had. But, I do not like how "busy" the Galaxy is compared to the Moto X Pure Edition.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I was never offered a code. I'm just hoping that I'll be refunded for the money taken from my CC and credited properly for the cancellation of the worthless MotoCare.

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Just say no to Motorola...buy something else

Been round and round with my device. I love the phone but the service is unacceptable. At this point, I really just want a refund so I can move on with my life.

Here is the history of my moto x pure.

9/7/15 - Purchased

9/18/15 - Delivered

Noticed it would some times click, but performed fine.

One morning in November, it made the clicking noise and then for the first time ever, it froze and rebooted itself.

It progressively got worse up through it now wont keep radio connections (bluetooth, wifi, 3g, 4g, etc.)

1/12/16 - Finally cant take using an unusable phone any longer and call only to get told to format the phone (for my pleasure, I suppose).

1/20/16 - Finally get around to wasting an entire evening reformatting the phone and putting all my stuff back knowing that a hardware issue that has been getting worse for months wont be resolved.

1/21/16 - Call back in and get an RMA number.

Get told I need a $250 hold placed on my credit card to get a replacement, which is bull crap, but whatever.

1/28/16 - Get replacement phone and power it up, only to find it is still locked to the previous users google account. Great...my expensive, couple months old phone, is being "repaired" by someone's previously used device. Genius customer service.

1/29/16 - Call back in about the mistake. Get told to send it back. Send it back.

2/1/16 - Email saying my hold on my credit card is going to be charged because I havent sent my device back. Call back again. Told not to worry about it. They know whats going on and are fixing it.

2/3/16 - Mistake device is received back by motorola.

2/7/16 - Credit card hold final notice email received. Told my hold is going to be charged.

2/15/16 - Email received stating credit card has been charged and to not return any devices.

All the while I have had to deal with a device the freezes and reboots itself randomly multiple times throughout the day and I have to use airplane mode toggling to get it to recognize wireless signals when it decides to just quit working.

Absolutely beyond frustrated and cant believe I have wore out twitter, facebook and the telephone and I still have nothing.

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just say no to Motorola...buy something else

Updates:

2/17/16 - Contacted by Motorola via the motorola support forums. Told my case is being looked into.

2/17/16 - Advance Exchange charge of $270 charged to my credit card.

2/17/16 - Contacted by motorola and asked to send back my original device. No replacement device provided. Apparently they want me to be phoneless.

2/17/16 - Told it is being escalated

2/19/16 - Reply back stating I have not seen or heard anything.

2/19/16 - Told they are still working on my case.

2/24/16 - Told they are still working on my case and there is a system error preventing the process.

2/24/16 - Receive automated email about a repair and return RMA (not the Advance exchange I originally requested).

2/25/16 - Reexplain the situation and why this is unacceptable, esp with my credit card being charged $270 for nothing.

2/25/16 - Told that the $270 charge to my card is my fault for not returning my original, broken device back within 5-6 days of them showing I received the locked replacement device they provided me that I already sent back. Also told that they wont credit this until I send back my original device now, and that once again I am supposed to be without a device and waiting on them.

We're almost at 6 weeks now.

Cliffs:

I still have my original broken device. I have been charged $270 for absolutely nothing.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Just say no to Motorola...buy something else

Dispute the charge. Do you have tracking showing the locked device was returned? If yes, contact your CC provider and dispute it.

I have read quite a few horror stories with Moto CS. I thought Lenovo would be better since my company uses ThinkPads and we get great service for them. I dont know what the percentage is of bad issues vs. people who have had good luck though. People that have smooth sailing dont post.

I am hopeful my Pure never needs service...

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Motorola failed... I need help.

A few month back after the 6.0 updated i posted a thread about the bluetooth disappearing. Motorola asked me to do a master reset which didn't work. I did about 3 or 4 before i sent it to them.

All motorola did was do a master reset and then sent it back. It didn't work, like when i preformed them. So Motorola asked me to send it back again.

I sent it back and motorola received it on Feb 11. Motorola sent me an email with a serial number, an RMA number and a link to track the progress. Neither the serial number or the RMA can be tracked in the link.

I have called several times over the past few weeks to get an update and motorola keeps saying, i'll get an email in 24 hours, which never comes. I feel they lost my phone or just aren't doing they're job.

WHAT CAN I DO?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola failed... I need help.

I think the first thing I would do is contact the BBB. They may be able to tell you what your next step is.

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Motorola failed... I need help.

Post your problem in the official Motorola Forums for the X Pure and make it known you are not happy. There are a couple of reps that lurk in that forum and are good at solving these types of problems. Many users have had issues resolved through the official Motorola Forums. I believe the forums may have recently moved due to Lenovo buying Motorola as I recall getting an e-mail about but I haven't been over there in a while.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow thanks. I had no idea, it would be this bad. I was prepared for a battle, but didn't think it would be this bad. I'll try the forums to see if I can get anywhere.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if I but the pure from bestbuy can I sign up for the moto 2 year plan or get the bestbuy geek squad plan?
You can add Moto Care within 30 days of purchase from an authorized retailer. You might want to check out Square Trade, the deductible is higher but you won't be without a phone for a month like some people in this thread. Geek Squad is good but overpriced, after you buy the plan and pay the $150 deductible you've almost paid for a whole new Moto X.

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
For people who need to wipe the phone, use recovery mode. ImTurningViolet, only people who want to pay a fortune for crap will get an Apple product. That company has ruined apples (the fruit) for me. I guess I won't be getting motorola.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Update bump... still waiting for final resolution. On a positive note, Thanks to the Moto forums I'm at least progressing. I'm going to miss having Motorola phones.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
This thread is making me seriously consider just getting a S7 edge and dumping my Moto X pure. I thought getting Motocare was worth something. :(

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there are happy endings with some customers. A few here have had success after having some trouble initially. I am not one of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky