Moved from Pre to Droid

AAFD

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got 2 droids from Verizon. One for me and one for my wife:) So far so good:) Much better screen for sure and much faster!!

KC

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I love my droid as well! I actually tried sprint for a bit when the pre was first released. Unfortunately, due to network reception issues in my area I ended up having to give up the pre and come back to verizon. I was DEAD SET on getting the pre when it was released on verizon and now since I have my droid I haven't given the pre a second thought.

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Congrats on the jump, I'm sure you'll love your Droid like pretty much everyone else :)

Got my girlfriend the Droid Eris because she doesn't like a physical keyboard and despite it being a somewhat lower-tier phone she loves it.

bonfilio

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Another Pre convert here.. loving my droid. Was considering staying and switching for yet another Pre, but the wife also needed a new phone and the Droid+Eris deal was too good to pass up on.

Android reminds me of an extremely polished BBerryOS. Not as elegant as WebOS however and I'll miss my Pre, but I just can't continue exchanging phones every time the slider creaks or the screen dies, etc.

The Droid battery life is sick!! Really makes obvious how awful the Pre battery life was. I'm 14 hours into my repeat-all mp3 playlist test and still have over 30% battery left (same test on my Pre managed about 5.5 hours before the phone shuts off). Probably pull 20 hours which is finally what I've been looking for in a non-iPhone. At last, no more carrying two devices, time to ebay the ipod!

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I do agree that the pre has some promise if it can really get off the ground. The web OS is pretty cool, and the multi-tasking is nice, but you really cant beat the speed and screen of the droid!

AAFD

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
THe Pre did some nice things but, the Apps store is just now really moving forward. The 8 gigs of memory was not enough then let a lone now. The key board was just to small. Web OS has some good things but they are moving to slow, Android and apple are moving much faster.

KC

hydrogenman#AC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Another Pre convert here.. loving my droid. Was considering staying and switching for yet another Pre, but the wife also needed a new phone and the Droid+Eris deal was too good to pass up on.

Android reminds me of an extremely polished BBerryOS. Not as elegant as WebOS however and I'll miss my Pre, but I just can't continue exchanging phones every time the slider creaks or the screen dies, etc.

The Droid battery life is sick!! Really makes obvious how awful the Pre battery life was. I'm 14 hours into my repeat-all mp3 playlist test and still have over 30% battery left (same test on my Pre managed about 5.5 hours before the phone shuts off). Probably pull 20 hours which is finally what I've been looking for in a non-iPhone. At last, no more carrying two devices, time to ebay the ipod!

How in the world does Android remind you of a more polished Crackberry OS?

You mean, besides the fact it has customizable home screens, synchs everything with facebook and other contacts lists, backs up things to the google servers, etc...I mean....what exactly reminds you of Blackberry? lol