Movies on the EVO

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
We "of course" are talking about movies that have licenses I would download

But short of me downloading them via looking up titles of my own or using Pirate and downloading on Shareaza

is there FIRST OF ALL a movie site I could even pay for for less than six bucks a month, or a free one, or one where i could pay to download movies per each

OR if none of those, i.e. no way to watch movies or tv in a good way

Are there not better (I do like limewire and shareaza) but MUCH BETTER programs to use. i.e download in hours NOT days. I would switchh if they were much better

Thanks so much. No way in hell is there LIVE tv on the EVO. Id have to have Orb and have a tuner card on my puter , huh

I'm not the best comprehendor, I am sorry. So any info, and any info in simple form would be appreciated.

YOu all have been so kind and helpful here. Anyone who helped with wallpapers last night was great.

Eric

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
We "of course" are talking about movies that have licenses I would download

But short of me downloading them via looking up titles of my own or using Pirate and downloading on Shareaza

is there FIRST OF ALL a movie site I could even pay for for less than six bucks a month, or a free one, or one where i could pay to download movies per each

OR if none of those, i.e. no way to watch movies or tv in a good way

Are there not better (I do like limewire and shareaza) but MUCH BETTER programs to use. i.e download in hours NOT days. I would switchh if they were much better

Thanks so much. No way in hell is there LIVE tv on the EVO. Id have to have Orb and have a tuner card on my puter , huh

I'm not the best comprehendor, I am sorry. So any info, and any info in simple form would be appreciated.

YOu all have been so kind and helpful here. Anyone who helped with wallpapers last night was great.

Eric

Sprint TV is live....

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you own DVDs, you can convert them to DivX (.mp4). Then save to your phone via usb, and then go to gallery to play.

Any programs you can recommend? I tried handbrake, followed the directions that I found on another website, but got nothing but a tiny 30 mb file with no picture and stuttering audio....

dcross9818

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Any programs you can recommend? I tried handbrake, followed the directions that I found on another website, but got nothing but a tiny 30 mb file with no picture and stuttering audio....

I used these settings in Handbrake and the conversion worked quite well. My movie files ended up being about 1.5GB each. Hope this works for you.

---dcros9818

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Humm, if I already owned the DVD or BluRay and downloaded the movie in the mp4 file format from Bit Torrent or Limewire, would that still be considered pirating the movie?

I used to Rip DVDs to my computer to play on my Zune, but it took so long. LOL. I have a much better computer now, but not a lot of time. So if I tell the computer to download when I go to work or bed, I don't care if it takes a day. I am just to lazy to do it myself.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In converting to DivX or anything fwiw, don't you need to decrypt it still like you used to. in the past dvd decryptor and dvd shrink...way to confusing and too much work was needed

That isnt needed? Just that program mentioned above??

thx

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've run Xilisoft DVD Ripper in the past and it occasionally asks to run your DVD viewing program (WinDVD, PowerDVD or whatever) so that it can decrypt them. I wonder if running the DVD program loads a coded that the ripper can snag.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I used these settings in Handbrake and the conversion worked quite well. My movie files ended up being about 1.5GB each. Hope this works for you.

---dcros9818

That's the same website I used for help. Maybe it's the way the particular DVD I used is protected, going to have to try another one.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Humm, if I already owned the DVD or BluRay and downloaded the movie in the mp4 file format from Bit Torrent or Limewire, would that still be considered pirating the movie?

I used to Rip DVDs to my computer to play on my Zune, but it took so long. LOL. I have a much better computer now, but not a lot of time. So if I tell the computer to download when I go to work or bed, I don't care if it takes a day. I am just to lazy to do it myself.

I think you fine if you can prove you own the original copy. There was an article in the WSJ recently about ebooks. Don't see a big difference as media should be media.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I think you fine if you can prove you own the original copy. There was an article in the WSJ recently about ebooks. Don't see a big difference as media should be media.

Actually, no. The whole issue surrounding P2P file sharing is that, while you are downloading, you are simultaneously uploading and sharing the parts you've already downloaded. That makes you a source to others who may not own the content (even if you do). Torrents or other P2P file sharing of copyrighted material is always considered pirating, and everybody is liable unless every peer owns the original legal version.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
copyright law only would give you protection of the original DVD, technically you cant even make a duplicate copy of the DVD you bought, because that counts as pirating a movie.

Also you ONLY paid for the DVD at the store, you did NOT pay for the digital copy of the movie. Only way you could technically own a digital copy is if the DVD comes with a digital copy.

Silverzero is correct in that the minute you download, P2P and torrents also upload to others, hence you would be helping to spread illegal movies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance