Multiple Sms messages

texasaggie2005

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues, multiple copies of each incoming text, regardless of sending carrier. As soon as I uninstalled Light Flow app, it stopped. I tested it by reinstalling Light Flow, it started happening immediately. So, I think there's a bug somewhere...

texasaggie2005

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues, multiple copies of each incoming text, regardless of sending carrier. As soon as I uninstalled Light Flow app, it stopped. I tested it by reinstalling Light Flow, it started happening immediately. So, I think there's a bug somewhere...

Scratch that. Duplicates started again this morning. Going to get a new phone tonight. I've only had this one 7 days.

Antob125

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 4th replacement today I'm calling to complain once again and try to fanagle a 4g phone replacement for my heart ache.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
has anyone tried a 3rd party app. i'm on handcent and never have the problem. i did have it while using the stock sms.

just install a free 3rd party messaging app

pingb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
@texasaggie2005

I seem to have this limited to either LightFlow or Google voice. I'm glad to hear you are having the same iwth Lightflow. Any updates?

sandman96

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
has anyone tried a 3rd party app. i'm on handcent and never have the problem. i did have it while using the stock sms.

just install a free 3rd party messaging app

I've been using Handcent and still have the problem. When I spoke with Motorola, they told me that it's a server problem Verizon has been having since they did some 'upgrades' earlier this year and an issue in Froyo. I too have had multiple phones from Samsung Fascinates to the Droid X2 and it's still the same, a bit better with the Droid X2 as I'm actually getting all of the txt's. The txt's may not be in the right order, like the other day my gf sent a long txt that came in as 3 txt's, only thing was the order they came in was 1,3,2. Annoying to say the least, but I'll take getting duplicate and out of order txt's over not getting them at all which is what was happening earlier this year.

All I can say is that the reliability that Verizon used to have has gone in the tank and when my contract is up, I doubt I'll stay with Verizon.

tarecthelion

May 18, 2011
Visit site
has anyone tried another messaging app?
I use the default SMS app (with SMS Popup) and I still get lots of dupes. I will say that it does seem more likely when I'm on WiFi but that certainly isn't the only time it happens. This phone was a replacement for a Droid X through the insurance and I've only had it for a few weeks.

Fairly disappointed... Lost GB, Lost my Camera Button, lots of SDCard read/write speed issues using the SD card that came with the phone (looking for a higher class card as a result), and the duplicate texts that sometimes will repeat for long periods.

I'm of the opinion it's a software issue and I think it may have been hit square on the head all ready, the acknowledgement of receipt is probably failing. I'm waiting anxiously for the next software update to get back to GB and pray that between that and a better SD card it fixes most/all of the other goofy behaviors the X2 has the original didn't.

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Another common factor I noticed is that I am running Light Flow and Google voice. I am not sure the Google voice is doing SMS text messages correctly. I came over from Blackberry, so not sure if that had something to do with it also.

Here is my update. I got my replacement phone and have had only one issue in 4 days and that was 2 messages at the same time from Verizon to send back my defective phone. The weird part is once they said they were sending me a replacement phone, the old one stopped acting up. But I did the replacement anyway and sent in the old one. That leaves me to believe that the network coding that they had on my number was bad. Could it also be since I got it from Best Buy and replaced my blackberry tour with the X2, that the network coding got messed up. Time will tell yet, but for now it seems to be fixed. I did notice the Light Flow has some updates also during that time also. Hope it helps others and make Verizon fix the problem instead of troubleshooting yourself. :D

texasaggie2005

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: 12 days into my new Verizon contract and a new DX2, I had it replaced with a new one. It took a total of 2 tech support calls, and 2 trips to the corporate store. They replaced it with no hassle on the 2nd trip. I am now 3 days into my 2nd DX2, with ZERO issues so far. However, I have not reinstalled Light Flow yet. I'm going to give it about a another week before trying Light Flow again. I'll update then.

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: 12 days into my new Verizon contract and a new DX2, I had it replaced with a new one. It took a total of 2 tech support calls, and 2 trips to the corporate store. They replaced it with no hassle on the 2nd trip. I am now 3 days into my 2nd DX2, with ZERO issues so far. However, I have not reinstalled Light Flow yet. I'm going to give it about a another week before trying Light Flow again. I'll update then.

I have Light Flow and google voice loaded on my replacement with no issues for a week.:D