Multitasking on the U11?

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
https://youtu.be/2OqK94X4Gng?t=9m11s

I picked up the U11 but I am thinking of canceling my order before it ships :(

I got the phone because I need a phone that has better RAM management than my S8+, the OP5 is great but I would also like some of the features that the flagships are offering (2k display, water resistance)

I can't use the S8+ because it constantly reloads excel for me. I read that the U11 is super fast and one of the best performing android smartphones right now..

But I recently saw the new Flossy Carter Review and he mentions that the RAM management is not that good and not as good as the S8 (which is scary because the S8 to me has horrible RAM management). Starts talking about RAM management at 9 minutes 10 seconds into the video.

Anyone have any insight on how good or bad the U11 is at multitasking?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had no issues with multitasking at all, and I'm swapping between a few apps, email, Gmail and a browser all day, every day.

The one caveat would be during app updates. Sometimes an app will update in the background that I'm not running anyway, and I will get a few lags for the first 10-20 seconds after it has completed updating. I chock it up to something in Play Services maybe updating itself after an app update, but I don't really know.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had no issues with multitasking at all, and I'm swapping between a few apps, email, Gmail and a browser all day, every day.

The one caveat would be during app updates. Sometimes an app will update in the background that I'm not running anyway, and I will get a few lags for the first 10-20 seconds after it has completed updating. I chock it up to something in Play Services maybe updating itself after an app update, but I don't really know.
Why not just turn auto update off?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Why not just turn auto update off?

It is off. I hate having it on. I like to know what update I'm getting so I'll check manually once or twice a week. If I have a couple dozen updates then I let them roll on in. But I'm still using my phone while they do.

It's not a big deal at all, and doesn't happen every time I'm updating apps. I've just noticed it a fee times. It's not a consistent issue like it was with the EVO 4G LTE or the OG One back in 2012. That was bonkers. This is almost imperceptible.

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Well as beautiful as this phone is it didn't pass my gym test. Excel and play music can't seem to stay in memory, it's not as bad as the S8 cause the phone is so fast but honestly the LG G6 I'm testing handles multitasking better. I was super surprised how long the G6 could keep stuff in memory. It's not as fast but is a great phone. Amazing feel in hand, screen protectors actually work, keeps apps in memory. Still debating between G6 and OP5 but honestly I might not keep either of them and live with the S8+ until the essential phone or pixel 2. also, what's the deal with not being able to save camera roll to SD card? I have to merge storage for that to happen?

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am able to save my photos to the SD card. It's under settings somewhere. I switched and it started saving to the SD card right away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii