Music apps won't turn off on Pixel 3a

CJ Mac

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
If there's a better place to post this, please let me know.

This has been going on for years, and I keep trying different music apps for my phone--all free since I'm a cheapskate. I liked Google Music that came with my Moto (e4?) but then it went away. I know I've used AIMP, Spotify and other recommended apps on that phone and now on my Pixel 3a. Right now I'm using something called Music Player. The trouble is, I don't seem to have any way to completely turn the app off. It will start playing when I get in the car, or when I try to play another audio app--and actually plays audio at the same time, so I've got two different files playing (this only happens in the car). The app can start playing at inopportune times as well. I would upgrade to premium if I thought that would fix it, but I have no way of knowing if it would.

Since this has happened with AIMP, Spotify, and other music apps, do you think it's the apps or could the problem be my phone?

I don't mind paying a small yearly fee around $5, but all I really need is a music app that will turn off when I want it to and not play a commercial at an inopportune time. Being able to create playlists and order them as I like is also necessary. (Music Player has some built-in playlists that I wish I could delete since I have no use for them.) I play music for a group of line dancers and just need to be able to play a specific song when requested. Nothing else fancy is needed.

I appreciate any advice.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have direct experience with it, but try PowerAmp, since it's probably the most popular (and well-reviewed) music player out there.

Is this only happening when connected to a Bluetooth device or speaker?

CJ Mac

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
The playing over another audio app only happens in the car over Bluetooth. But it not shutting off completely and being liable to start playing at any time can happen anytime.

PowerAmp was going to be my next try if I didn't get any advice to the contrary, so thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Automatic playback when first connecting to a car's Bluetooth has been a recurring issue I see in the forums, but I'm afraid I don't have much insight into it since I rarely stream audio from my phone these days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non