Music pauses itself randomly?

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Not sure is this was posted before but in LGs music app and Google play music it just pauses itself? No Bluetooth just speaker, does this happen to anybody else? No other apps running while this happens and no notifications stopping it.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it matter where the music files are from (i.e., ripped from a CD, transferred from iTunes, downloaded from site, etc.)? Or is it simply every music file?

Do you ever notice the headphone icon appearing briefly in the status bar when this happens? Perhaps the jack is faulty, and generating false Pause signals.

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It's tight in the headphone jack and it's downloaded music. So it's a bit puzzling to me why it does that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's tight in the headphone jack and it's downloaded music. So it's a bit puzzling to me why it does that.

Oh, so you're saying that you're using headphones whenever this happens? From your original post, I thought this was without headphones, playing over the speaker. If it is with headphones, it may have to do with some minor incompatibility of the headphone plug that is sending false Pause signal through the jack. But if this is happening without headphones, then what I was asking above was if you ever notice the headphone icon appear briefly in the status bar without headphones plugged in. This might suggest that the jack is faulty, and thinks that a headphone is plugged in briefly when in fact it isn't. During that brief moment, it might generate a false Pause signal.

If it's only downloaded music, where are you downloading from? Are you sure these are valid/clean music files? What happens if you rip a CD on your computer and copy those music files to the phone--do those play without pausing?

gindala

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
This is happening with me with a normal 3.5mm stereo cable connected to external speaker, Mixcloud will pause every couple of minutes without touching the phone. Extremely frustrating, I basically cannot use this phone to play on a speaker.

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
This is happening with me with a normal 3.5mm stereo cable connected to external speaker, Mixcloud will pause every couple of minutes without touching the phone. Extremely frustrating, I basically cannot use this phone to play on a speaker.

isn't that a streaming app? Have you tried the regular music player?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74