Music Player not showing on the AOD

1lamore

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
I just updated to 12 - I use the Pi music player and it used to display a little widget on the AOD so you could control the music without opening the phone. Since the update this no longer works. I have all the appropriate setting on. I did watch a video that showed a new feature for 12 that you can dbl. tap the clock on the AOD, and swipe down and a music player widget would show up. When I do that is says no music is playing and not a player widget. I wonder if that "new" feature is only for Youtube music which I don't use.
I love the Pi music player and on their settings it talks about the widgets, but it doesn't seem to show up on the AOD or the lock screen.
Any info would be appreciated .

Edox

May 8, 2012
Visit site
And what about the default (Samsung) music player ... does that also want to be displayed on AOD ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just updated to 12 - I use the Pi music player and it used to display a little widget on the AOD so you could control the music without opening the phone. Since the update this no longer works. I have all the appropriate setting on. I did watch a video that showed a new feature for 12 that you can dbl. tap the clock on the AOD, and swipe down and a music player widget would show up. When I do that is says no music is playing and not a player widget. I wonder if that "new" feature is only for Youtube music which I don't use.
I love the Pi music player and on their settings it talks about the widgets, but it doesn't seem to show up on the AOD or the lock screen.
Any info would be appreciated .
Is music control toggle on under lock screen settings?

1lamore

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
I have those on and it still won't show up. I'm really stumped. Like I said they added a "Music play widget" to the AOD under 12 that you get to by dbl tapping the clock and swipping down. But that must be for Spotify ect. because that doesn't even show the Pi player and says no music is playing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have those on and it still won't show up. I'm really stumped. Like I said they added a "Music play widget" to the AOD under 12 that you get to by dbl tapping the clock and swipping down. But that must be for Spotify ect. because that doesn't even show the Pi player and says no music is playing.
Try resetting PI music player by clearing data then force stop if it still doesn't show up then contact the Dev and see what they say .

Edox

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Try resetting PI music player by clearing data then force stop if it still doesn't show up then contact the Dev and see what they say .
...... or resetting AOD data, restarting the device and see what happens .... sometimes updates can confuse a lot of things in the system, in that case factory reset is the only solution...

1lamore

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
It finally is working!! I went to the Pi app and under notifications I allowed. I also forced stop, but I though I did that earlier. YES! It is now showing on the AOD - dbl tap to interact with the player - and on the Lock Screen. Thanks for the ideas.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It finally is working!! I went to the Pi app and under notifications I allowed. I also forced stop, but I though I did that earlier. YES! It is now showing on the AOD - dbl tap to interact with the player - and on the Lock Screen. Thanks for the ideas.
Awesome