Music player to play random FLAC files from Twonky NAS

David Cottom

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
All of my music is stored as FLAC files on a NAS running Twonky media server. It is currently about 7000 tracks so too big to store on my Android phone or tablet. Could someone please suggest a music player that will play random tracks, in FLAC format of course, from the NAS? I've tried LOTS of music players but haven't yet found one that meets my requirements. Some won't play FLAC files. Some can't access the NAS. Some can't play random tracks, instead playing the tracks in a specified album in order or requiring that I compile a playlist first. If it makes a difference, the tracks are in a pretty standard structure ARTIST\ALBUM\track_name.FLAC. Thank you for your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
About all I can suggest is VLC for Android (it plays from the LAN, it plays .flac files - I don't think it plays a folder randomly, though) or one of the few dozen music players on Play.

Finding something good that will play random tracks is going to be the problem.