Music Squares - Anyone Get Them to Work

mrcpuhead

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I was having similar issues with music squares, and just did steps 5, 6, and 8. that at least got more of my songs recognized by music squares, but still only about half (1068 of just over 2000). The Google player doesn't show a count of songs, so I'll need to connect to my desktop to check total songs and subtotals by format.
So, I have an update. I got them to work. (sorta)

After emailing Samsung Support for help (they told me I had to go to SamsungApps.com for help), not being able to find anywhere to email questions on SamsungApps.com, using a webchat service for 20 minutes to find out "we don't support Music Squares on webchat", to calling in to get a level 1 tech saying "there is no music squares, it's a third party app, stop telling me it's Samsung supported", to finally spending 45 mnutes to get to a level II tech, and then spending 45 minutes with him not being able to fix this (he was really nice, and tried, but was never trained on Music Squares), I finally figured it out myself.

1.) Moved all music from phone to external SD Card
2.) Turned Phone off
3.) removed battery, removed SD Card
4.) inserted battery, rebooted phone
5.) Force Stopped Music Player
6.) Cleared Data in Music Player
7.) While phone still on, i put the SD Card back into phone
8.) Opened Music Player, and then went to Music Squares

At that point, the device instantly started to update music squares. At first it would only do like 200 songs, then a second update brought in more songs, and a third update brought in quite a few additional ones. . Using PLayer Pro I know I have close to 7,500 songs on the phone, but if I click on every square I get 2,006 songs. So not all the songs are being captured (but certainly more than the zero I had before).

So to recap:

1.) Mix of itunes purchased songs and Amazon purchased or ripped MP3s are in Music Squares
2.) Was able to get my SD Card (64 gig) to load them up. Using Player Pro I see that I've got 7,500 songs in total on my device, so definitely not all of them are in the squares though.
3.) Songs are on the card, so they don't have to be on the internal memory.
4.) Can't get anything new to 'update' into the Squares, so looks like I"m stuck with the 2,006 for now

Hope that helps any others trying. It was really blind luck, I was trying to do a different route, and this worked unexpectedly, at least partially! :)

markj51

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been reading through this thread and have tried all of the suggested steps, but no luck so far. I have around 7G of music - around 1750 songs on my phone - all on a 64G SD card. When I try to update the library from the music squares soft menu, it tells me that I need at least 25 songs to use music squares. I removed all music from my phone, forced music player to stop, deleted the data associated with the app, and then reloaded around 200 songs. Same message. This player does find and play all of my music without any issue - it is just music squares (which sounds like a neat feature) which won't work.

I guess the conclusion I make from reading through this forum is that some people seem to have no problem getting this app feature to work, while for others it either does not work, or people need to go through strange machinations of setup, spin around clockwise three times, toss salt over their left shoulder, and pray to the god Zarathustra. The mark of quality software. I guess I'm one of those whom Zarathustra does not smile upon :(

Bandssssky

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Music square wont work?

Just goto: music player > music square, then:

1) tap the menu button
2) select library update

The music square will update. Just follow those steps. There's no need to force stop, reboot, remove battery etc.

I have 182 songs stored in my 16 gb sd card and it works perfectly. Music square can't handle thousands of songs and wont work well or may not work at all. Its a major disadvantage, that samsung should fix.

But its great! When you select a square, it would play multiple songs that matches the mood you've chosen and most of the songs would be picked from 'most played' and 'quicklist'. You can also select multiple squares, just swipe though the squares.

Great app. Too bad its not designed for many songs :(

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieallthetime