My android keyboard keeps changing languages.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi.
I am using Samsung A10 running on Android 9.
The problem i have is that my Android keyboard changes between my two languages (English & Arabic) without my permission or anything, I would be texting in a certain language and then ooen the browser and find it switched to the other language automatically.
It is very annoying sometimes and I did a quick search on google but did not find anything.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

zebritia

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
I have the same problem with my S9 recently. Actually on my private s9 and my business one.

I habe 4 languages and it switches automatically to English, no matter which language was set before.
( it should be german)

I think it could be from the July update ( when the multilingual translation was added, as it came up just recently.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with my S9 recently. Actually on my private s9 and my business one.

I habe 4 languages and it switches automatically to English, no matter which language was set before.
( it should be german)

I think it could be from the July update ( when the multilingual translation was added, as it came up just recently.
Have you tried a different keyboard app such as Gboard or SwiftKey? If you are concerned about Gboard and Google, SwiftKey is really good and it's from Microsoft not Google.

mmt8

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Pixel 5, Gboard. I constantly have to re-order the languages back. I had the problem on my previous device with Gboard too but it is getting worse nowadays.

spinn webe

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
Yes I am using the original Samsung Keyboard. And I know how to switch between languages and i am NOT doing it by mistake.

Came here because I was looking for an answer to the same problem, found it elsewhere: there’s a quick switch feature where you swipe left/right on the space bar to change language. Seems like that is easy to do accidentally.

Even if that’s not the problem, at least it makes it easy to switch back.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello