My android keyboard keeps changing languages.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi.
I am using Samsung A10 running on Android 9.
The problem i have is that my Android keyboard changes between my two languages (English & Arabic) without my permission or anything, I would be texting in a certain language and then ooen the browser and find it switched to the other language automatically.
It is very annoying sometimes and I did a quick search on google but did not find anything.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the default language of the keyboard actually changing? So if you choose English as default, and then the keyboard switches to Arabic, what's listed as the default language in the menu?

Kee5892

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
Is the default language of the keyboard actually changing? So if you choose English as default, and then the keyboard switches to Arabic, what's listed as the default language in the menu?

No pal, only the keyboard does that randomly. Rest of the system is just fine.
Note: The system language is English, and it always was like that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nope i did not and i wont because Google will steal all my data theough just my keyboard and i really dont like that.
And as I said I'm using the "stock" keyboard.
I wanted you test it out if it does it on another to see if it's the stock keyboard glitch or something more . You can pick which one you want Samsung or google to take your information but want to test this out

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I understand, but your keyboard app itself should have its own settings for languages selected and which one is default. Or is there no setting for that in the keyboard app's menu.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Kee5892

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
I wanted you test it out if it does it on another to see if it's the stock keyboard glitch or something more . You can pick which one you want Samsung or google to take your information but want to test this out

Thanks for the advoice buddy.
But now that I have done some research I think it is a big in the keyboard itself NOT the phone. Maybe a simple fix will close this problem for good :)

Kee5892

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
There is a setting but something such as a default... Personally i never heard of such a thing (I am not an expert anyways).
But both languages ( English and Arabic) are there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the advoice buddy.
But now that I have done some research I think it is a big in the keyboard itself NOT the phone. Maybe a simple fix will close this problem for good :)
Its possible a bug , you can also clear data,cache,force stop the keyboard under apps or system apps see if it helps . Otherwise might have to wait for update.