My battery draining very fast at night after Android oreo update.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Before it drained like 3% at night but after update it drains 30% at night. Before update battery life was good but after the update it drains fast when tablet is idle. I use Lenovo tab 4 10. I have nova launcher installed and no lwp. Yeah, in android 7.1 i had turned on scheduled power on off, but in andriod 8.1 I couldn't find this setting. I turn off the wifi, location, etc. On my tab.

spyros_koysis

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. I did a hard reset but it didnt fix the problem. I fully charged it and after 2 days of NO USE (2mins on-screen time) it had 20%. They should release an update to fix the issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You also have the Tab 4 10? My daughter's Tab 4 8 (which should have pretty much the same hardware and software) is doing fine with Oreo. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

topheranton

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
Also have this problem. 2 separate issues here, 1 is that the auto power off/on feature isn't in the update. This seems to be a factor contributing to excessive battery drain (I'd say at least 1/3 more drain, as I would usually have it off for 8 hours a day). The other issue is that on my device it seems system is the chief cause of battery drain, e.g., 7% battery drain over the 3 hours since charge.
There's probably an app workaround for the daily power off/on. But it does seem that there's an increase on the power used by system in the updated firmware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174