My cheek always mutes the phone

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I usually use earbuds, but occasionally I hold the phone up to my ear. Especially if I cradle it between my shoulder and head the screen will frequently come on and as the mute button is upper left it is the easiest to come in contact with my face and mute the conversation. I occasionally dial numbers. It seems to me that the proximity sensor that keeps the screen off doesn't work as it should. Anyone else have this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're cradling the phone (which I would find extremely uncomfortable for any cellphone), then there's more chance it's intermittently brought a little farther away from your ear. That might be enough for the screen to come back on. I've noticed on previous Pixel phones as well that if the screen happens to come back on during a call for this kind of reason, it doesn't always turn back off quickly if you bring the phone back to your ear. Not sure if there's a good solution this besides making sure the phone is always pretty close up to your ear.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yea, cradling it obviously isn't ideal, but every so often it's the option if I'm somewhere without the earbuds and need to use my hands.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ha. I literally just had this happen to me a couple minutes ago and wasn't even cradling it. I just pulled it off my ear slightly to listen for my kid in the other room.

revo2001

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
OMG, I can't tell you how often this has happened to me. No matter how I hold my phone, I settle back into the position that mutes my voice. I wish there was a way to move the mute button or disable it.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
To prevent this just press the home button while on the call and it will make the full screen phone app go to a little floating icon. Or another way to prevent it is to just press the power button (provided you have it set to lock your phone like I do when quickly pressed) and then the full screen phone app doesn't show on the screen where you can accidentally mute the call.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084