My Galaxy Note 4 has locked and is requiring a password that was never set so can it be fixed?

Attaboyslim

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
So, the phone worked fine up until two days ago when it required a password to open the phone. The problem is that I have never had a password set but there is more. After trying any of the passwords I may have possibly used as well as the password I use to sign into my Google account with no luck, I decided to do a factory reset. The problem is that the device would not go into that process either. Pressing and holding the power, volume down and the home button, the little green android robot appears with the following: Warning !! A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications. If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel.

Volume down will restart the phone and the same thing happens again and again so what do I do?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi welcome!
You went into download mode , so exit out that and when you do press power button and volume up sane time to get to recovery and do factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude