My Nexus 4 Experience

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a 16gb N4 with the bumper case from Craigslist today for $350. It does ft have a few faint surface scratches on the back glass and one knick on the silver band by the volume keys but all in all didn't think I got a bad deal. I to everyone who also noticed that the Play Store is sold out just keep checking Craigslist and other online sources you never know when you might luck out like I did.

To my point I went to a T-mobile store to have the SIM card cut. They will do it for free and their disclaimer about it maybe not working once cut is just BS (another store told me this and wanted $20 to swap SIM cards).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a 16gb N4 with the bumper case from Craigslist today for $350. It does ft have a few faint surface scratches on the back glass and one knick on the silver band by the volume keys but all in all didn't think I got a bad deal. I to everyone who also noticed that the Play Store is sold out just keep checking Craigslist and other online sources you never know when you might luck out like I did.

To my point I went to a T-mobile store to have the SIM card cut. They will do it for free and their disclaimer about it maybe not working once cut is just BS (another store told me this and wanted $20 to swap SIM cards).

First of all congrats on getting the nexus 4.

I don't want to ruin this post but this is not an experience really but a story how you got one. Maybe you should change the topic or something.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
First of all congrats on getting the nexus 4.

I don't want to ruin this post but this is not an experience really but a story how you got one. Maybe you should change the topic or something.

Unfortunately it posted before I was able to do some editing to it was going to change ti to emphasize SIM card swap since it's something that many Nexus 4 owners are going to have to deal with.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately it posted before I was able to do some editing to it was going to change ti to emphasize SIM card swap since it's something that many Nexus 4 owners are going to have to deal with.

Thanks for the info in any case. I need to get a new SIM for it as well.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

How 350?? It's 390 with shipping and tax on the play store too... It has some damage but it isn't that major to decrease the price by 200. Nice buy!

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

When I went to the T-Mobile store to get a Micro SIM, she simply grabbed a new one from under the counter, activated it under my account which simultaneously deactivated my SIM, and gave it to me. It took about a minute & there was no charge.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Great price on a good phone. Even with the scratched noted I can easily see a device like this selling for retail or more on Ebay.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How 350?? It's 390 with shipping and tax on the play store too... It has some damage but it isn't that major to decrease the price by 200. Nice buy!

Seller got it from Craigslist by trading another phone for it but has decided to go with the Microsoft ecosystem. It was $400 but he offered me $350 if I bought it this weekend. Guess I have dumb luck but was really surprised the phone didn't go quicker (was listed 4:30 pm Friday I emailed him 11:30 Friday he responded this morning and I picked it up mid afternoon)

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Great price on a good phone. Even with the scratched noted I can easily see a device like this selling for retail or more on Ebay.

Which is why I had resigned myself to stick with my Galaxy Nexus for the next few months. I have a real problem paying unnecessary markup on things.

16gb N4 in my area are going for $430 to 550 (most of them without the bumper)

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I went to the T-Mobile store to get a Micro SIM, she simply grabbed a new one from under the counter, activated it under my account which simultaneously deactivated my SIM, and gave it to me. It took about a minute & there was no charge.

That would have been a great plan B but I realized that by getting the card cut that I also got a mini SIM adapter (the other part of the old card) out of the deal

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Seller got it from Craigslist by trading another phone for it but has decided to go with the Microsoft ecosystem. It was $400 but he offered me $350 if I bought it this weekend. Guess I have dumb luck but was really surprised the phone didn't go quicker (was listed 4:30 pm Friday I emailed him 11:30 Friday he responded this morning and I picked it up mid afternoon)

Well I mean (this is just me) but I don't want to buy a deal that sounds too good on craigslist, too much of a chance that he is scamming me. Hell, I can just have the outer shell of the nexus 4 and it would look exactly like a nexus 4 and it'll be pretty hard to notice the difference. I saw one for $425 when the 16GBs were selling for 600, too good of an offer so I didn't want to buy it.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I mean (this is just me) but I don't want to buy a deal that sounds too good on craigslist, too much of a chance that he is scamming me. Hell, I can just have the outer shell of the nexus 4 and it would look exactly like a nexus 4 and it'll be pretty hard to notice the difference. I saw one for $425 when the 16GBs were selling for 600, too good of an offer so I didn't want to buy it.

I hear ya. Of course I checked it out before giving cash and even was on the phone with Google Play when the guy showed up so I could have the IMEI transferred to my Google Account for warranty purposes.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the OEM bumper is the only one until poetic ships theirs, or he 3d printed his own.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I knew it wouldn't be. If they guy was designing bumpers for it he wouldn't sell just one on craigslist. I was more being sarcastic or thinking of the only other thing it could possibly be. People trying to show they are smarter than you and looking to find reasons you didn't get a good deal by pointing to the bumper is stupid because right now it HAS to be the OEM one. They are just jelly you got it on craigslist for less than $450-500.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I knew it wouldn't be. If they guy was designing bumpers for it he wouldn't sell just one on craigslist. I was more being sarcastic or thinking of the only other thing it could possibly be. People trying to show they are smarter than you and looking to find reasons you didn't get a good deal by pointing to the bumper is stupid because right now it HAS to be the OEM one. They are just jelly you got it on craigslist for less than $450-500.

True. Now it's time for me to see what the street value is of a gently used GNex with original box and never used accessories.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
True. Now it's time for me to see what the street value is of a gently used GNex with original box and never used accessories.

I say it's around $300-$250, I know someone that sold it for about $270 so he could get a Nexus 4. It might've gone down but probably not since Nexus 4 is still being sold for 500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A_Brayshaw