My Only Disappointment was the presentation itself

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Only Disappointment...

It wasn't that bad but, not as good as Apple's. I'm not sure Apple's will be the same without Jobs. I watched a video on Youtube that showed bloopers in past Apple events, where things didn't work correctly. Maybe the Android guys just need more practice & experience. I remember when they were showing off Honeycomb, it was much, much worse than this event.

The thing I didn't like was the vagueness about the release date and, what carriers it would be on. When the Iphone 4S was announced, you knew everything; the price, carriers, release date and all technical specs including storage capacities.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I didn't have a huge issue with the presentation as I did with the announcement of the 1.2processor. I was expecting more and something better than what we already have.

May 28, 2011
Visit site

the facetime recognition that malfunctioned on a device that is finished and will be shipping soon worried me. i also think the UI looks very unfinished compared to gingerbread.

NexusQ

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

The stream wasn't great and I felt bad for them when the face unlock didn't work (it is super fast in the demo videos I have seen). I like Matias though, I think he should do more of the presentations because he geeky but geeky about the stuff the typical consumer cares about. Read some interviews he has done with engadget and TIMN and you can tell he is really leading the charge of the UI overhaul.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

A few of the demos went astray, which definitely worried me. The crappy stream didn't help much either. Lastly, they didn't have a great central orator, which made the keynote seem flat and amatuerish. Ultimately, I am not interested in the presentation; I want the phone and I want the features. Thus, the content (or lack thereof) regarding carriers and pricing really angered me.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

It was a lot better than the earlier moto announcement. Sanjay seems to have some serious stage fright. But still not that great.

It just reminded me how great of a presenter Jobs was. I miss him. :(

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

I agree that Google's was awful but Apple's not the only one who can do a good presentation. Amazon did a great one for the Fire.

johnyguy

Banned
Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

I didn't have a huge issue with the presentation as I did with the announcement of the 1.2processor. I was expecting more and something better than what we already have.

yes me too, that's bothers me too, will see how fast that thing will be with 1.2.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I get that. But at the end of the day they still have to sell phones. There are no excuses. When Apple puts on a show, they really sell you their product. I can't speak for other people, but I really didn't get that from Matias and Co. I know they are innovative guys that have done a lot for the OS, but come on...sell it to me. Put in a little effort.

Exactly. I love Matias Duartes' ideas, it's just that he can't quite present them right.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lala2324