My photos are disappearing from my gallery on my brand new S9!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My photos are didappearing on my recently purchased Aamsung Galaxy S9. I have had this problem on my last phone, the Galaxy S5.

I dont know what to do, because they arent backed up to my Dropbox, GoogleDrive (GooglePhotos), or my Samsung account.

Odd as it seems, I need help!

Thanks!
Kat

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you saving your photos to an SD card? Is the same SD card from your s5? If so, your card could be corrupted.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you delete the pictures somewhere else, like Google Photos, they'll be deleted when you use Gallery too. Pictures aren't stored in apps, they're stored in the phone. Deleting them deletes them, no matter which app you use to look at them. (If the same thing happened in 2 such different phones, it has to be operator error or pictures stored on a corrupted SD card.)

tcr250r

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
I'm having issues with my new s9 deleting photos and videos that are downloaded. I'm not doing anything with them other than downloading and then going back to my gallery anywhere between a day to just a few hours later and they are gone. Not in 'my files' or anything. If I unhide folders the thumbnails show up in that folder but that is it.

Any idea?!?!

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I see you said you are not backing up to Google Photos. That is a mystery. Maybe just open Google Photos and double check these settings... 20180405_222012.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87