Question My Poco F2 Pro has a red charging light after turning off at 47% battery and appears to have "bricked"?

PandaBot2001

Jun 22, 2023
Visit site
I was trying to put an MP3 on my phone, but it wasn't connecting to my laptop other than the battery charging (the screen showed the charging animation and the % went up). Normally after doing that, it asks if I want to allow file transfer. This pop up never showed. I held the power button, tapped reboot, the phone powered off but never came back on.

I plugged it in wondering if it somehow died (47% before turning it off) and it's now just giving me a red charging indicator. What do I do? I tried holding power for 10 and 30 seconds and holding power + volume up and doing the same while its plugged in. I need this phone, can anyone help?

Device Model: Poco F2 Pro

Device Region: I'm from the UK but I don't know about the device

Rom Type: MIUI

Rom/Android Version: Can't Identify

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. Have you done anything like trying a different cable? I would hate to think that something serious happened from something seemingly minor like this but a bad cable can cause serious issues. If you're confident the cable isn't damaged, try allowing it to charge for a while then attempt to restart after unplugging the device. I know you say you get the charging light but do you get the charging animation like when the device is charging while powered off? Is it possible that the screen is too dark to see but the phone is on? Another scary thought but I've definitely heard that story around here. Even though it wasn't that low allow it to charge for half an hour or something then try again. Some restart things call for holding the power button to be held for close to a minute.

Let us know what you find and we can pick up from there.

Reactions: B. Diddy and Madd62

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To add to VidJunky's response, when he says to let it charge for a while, I would let it charge for at least 6 hours undisturbed (i.e., don't keep trying to power the phone on during this period). Then press and hold Power for about 30 seconds to see if anything happens. If it doesn't turn on, then the battery or something on the motherboard may have failed.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I have the same model in the UK.

I take it you tried the regular charger as well as the laptop; and you tried the Recovery Mode / Fastboot mode (Volume Up vs Volume Down + Power) without it plugged in.

Mine only lights red for a few seconds while off and charging, then the notification light turns blue as the Poco and Powered by Android logo's come on the screen while off, followed by the battery level icon and charging graphic (I think, I had to remind myself) and the screen sleeps again while showing me blue light.

All not much use to you at the moment.

Any change in the situation?

I can only refer you to the Xiaomi Community Forum, or try there for you.

If this is moved to the Xiaomi section there's another UK member who is more fluent with using the help site, @dangerousfen

I have seen comments on Poco phone reviews that they're prone to motherboard issues, but I doubt that in recent years, and the F2 Pro is a terrific high soec phone.

Let us know if you had any success or to ask any questions.