My reason(s) for wanting the Flyer

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I think what HTC is doing with it is unique. It'll undoubtedly be a better user experience than what we've seen with resistive screens. IMHO, they were always to blame, not the Stylus.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
For me, stylus + 7" screen + Sense = WIN. HTC Flyer saved me from teetering over the edge into BlackBerry Playbook land, especially after Samsung decided that the next Galaxy Tab would be 10.1".

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I want the Flyer because I love HTC hardware. Their build quality is fantastic. Does anyone know if the Flyer has that new Synaptics touch screen?

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I would love the stylus, but no honeycomb at launch is a bad start (though they may update it before I'm in the buying zone). However, what really kills it for me is 7". Why are all the stylus tablets 7". A 10" tablet screen is about the same size as the writing area of a sheet of paper. As an Engineering student, so many diagrams and equations would work so well with that :(

Also didn't Asus have a tablet with a pen at CES? Where's that anymore?

Yeah, they do. Running Gingerbread (skinned) and it comes out in June/July I think.

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
What I love about the HTC Flyer is the 7" size and the Pen. What I hate about the HTC Flyer is not running Honeycomb and HTC Sense.

I was hoping that HTC will release a 7" Google Experience tablet running Android 3.0 and the HTC applications/widgets.

I'm now looking elsewhere for my Google Experience Honeycomb tablet. At the top of my list is the rumored Galaxy Tab 8.9. I'm hoping that it will be announced at CTIA.

Edit: I love HTC Sense on my Droid Incredible, but I don't want it on a tablet.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I am eagerly waiting for the flyer, I have looked at the xoom. I have lost all faith in motorola products, they just lost their value to me over the years. I am very satisfied with my htc evo. I hope to have one in my hands very soon.

allergy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
The 7'' size of the tablet would be just perfect to carry around. I've tried bringing my ipad to school thinking it was small enough and it's just way too big! (so I sold it)
If I feel like lugging around a 10inch tablet, I might as well bring my laptop to school!
Is anyone else wondering why it's believed to have a 1.5ghz processor in there while most other android tablets are running a Tegra 2 chip? (or is it just me?)

Reactions: n900mixalot

n900mixalot

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking the same thing. It is pretty effin big ... not heavy, just too big. I looked like an idiot on the bus or the train, or even in class.

I wish they weren't lagging so hard. Probably going to end up getting an SGTab for the interim.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was just thinking the same thing. It is pretty effin big ... not heavy, just too big. I looked like an idiot on the bus or the train, or even in class.

I wish they weren't lagging so hard. Probably going to end up getting an SGTab for the interim.

Totally agree with you on this one. I like the 7 inch screen, I have a kobo ereader (which almost have the same dimensions as the flayer) and I carry it every where I go since I don't drive to work.

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
7" is where it is at. I might get the SGT until this is officially announced.

Hope HTC supports this like Samsung does with accessories.

suzi

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm with y'all -- pen, pen, pen. I am a mathematician, and also do music on the side, and don't see any good notation apps for either one yet.

Wifi only would be perfect for me, but the pen is really where it's at.

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
7" is the size I want. (that's what she said) As a designer Pen is an exceptional bonus. I haven't finger painted since I was a toddler! (iPad i'm looking at you!) I was considering a Nook color to root, then Galaxy Tab 2 but find out it is 8.9 & 10.1? seems like a bad move to have 2 tabs, different sizes but not even 1 1/4" difference, and minimal price difference?
So as of now I am seriously anticipating the Flyer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila