My S7 Gallery photos show in internal storage, but files are empty when plugged into my pc?

irish_siren32

May 1, 2018
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 with a 32G microSD card, and have had no issues with the Gallery photos until recently. I can see the photos on my phone that are both saved on internal storage and the SD card, but as soon as I plug it into my laptop, all the photo files are empty.

I saw and read the previous posts regarding the .nomedia files, and did come across a .no file once or twice among my Phone files, and deleted it both times, but I still cannot get access to these photos through my pc. I can't even email them to myself, I constantly get a message of "unable to attach file", so I tried to transfer them to my Google Drive, but not all of them are transferring.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks bunches. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you connect via USB, are you also swiping down the notification panel, tapping the USB icon, then selecting MTP?

irish_siren32

May 1, 2018
Visit site
Yes, and I've also tried the transferring images option and neither option will show the photos when I plug my S7 into my pc. Even when I attempt to email the photos to my Gmail acccount, the photos will not attach to the emails, and some will disappear if I attempt to move them to a new photo file.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What's the exact directory pathname where the image files are saved? Is it /DCIM/Camera, or some other directory?