My Samsung galaxy S10 That is less than four months old has been hacked. What do I do?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My galaxy s10 was seriously hacked, I believe they got in they my gmail account. I noticed some funny activity going on. I noticed some funny activity going on.so I started to look around a bit. I eventually found spyware,malware, scareware, a whole lot of hacker apps imbedded deep in the root of my phone. I even saw a captive portal that was put on there after I tried getting rid of all the hacker apps. Trying to get rid of them didn’t do anything but alert them that I knew that they were in my phone. So I got booted all my accounts got hijacked and The more I tried to stop them and gain back access to my accounts the harder the hacking bots worked at keeping me from changing passwords or making new accounts. As fast as I could change myGmail address And change my password they were ten steps ahead of me. For example I would For example I wouldcreate a new account put first password in then I’d go to put my verification password it was already changed. Then I found out that they have A mask of my keypad but underneath was their keyboard. So I stopped And tried to just shut all of my accounts down. I had money pending in eBay and offerup ready to be sent to PayPal. So I immediately tried going into my PayPal account and it was changed but they get in there and I actually talked To someone I thought was from PayPal but I want PayPal I was talking too I later found out. Anyway I finally found out how to do a factory reset on my phone without having to go into the settings. So I did that waited about an hour, I signed back in everything seemed fine until I logged in with new account info, gmail address & password Etc. then I tried to get a hold of eBay offerup and google and They kept booting me out and changing passwords again. So finally I did another factory reset waited until the next day. So the next day I tried setting just like u do when u get a new phone and everything was completely different. It would just keep me in a loop of giving more usernames and passwords but wouldn’t let me get past the google sign in process. And I’m stuck there today. I got a new phone from a new provider (my previous pervider was spectrum) I called them yesterday from my phone and told them what was going on and they tried taking my thru the steps to sign in and it does the same thing, doesn’t past the google account info and it won’tlet me skip it. It doesn’t even Recognize my phone number that was registered to the spectrum account. It would only let me do google but no further. So I’m wondering what I could do about this cuz I have basically a $850 brick laying around. I thought maybe it was my sub card they wiped maybe? Like if I go to spectrum get a new sim and number will that work to get to be able to make phone calls and texts?? That’s all I want out of this really and to gain back access to my main gmail account I started with the phone because now it’s causing problems for me to get the money out of PayPal eBay offerup or wherever my money is if they didn’t already get it. I’m saying they like it’s people but I’m pretty sure it’s a Chinese organized crime hacking Ring. There’s a lot more to the story but I’m trying to keep it as short and to the point as possible? What can I do to Get back into my phone and to be able to gain back control or just completely wipe out that main account all together? Would getting a new SIM card with new number work for getting me to be able to get into the phone or is that a waste of time? Somebody please help me please help!!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I eventually found spyware,malware, scareware, a whole lot of hacker apps imbedded deep in the root of my phone.

Can you give some examples of these apps?

I even saw a captive portal

"Captive Portal Login" is a normal system app. It's what you see when you connect to certain wi-fi networks -- the popup window asking you to enter a username/password for that wi-fi network, or to tap an Accept button to accept terms of service on that network. Just because it says "captive" doesn't mean anyone's trying to hold you hostage.

As fast as I could change myGmail address And change my password they were ten steps ahead of me. For example I would For example I wouldcreate a new account put first password in then I’d go to put my verification password it was already changed.

Do you have 2-factor authentication turned on? This is always a good idea to increase your security.

Then I found out that they have A mask of my keypad but underneath was their keyboard.

Are you talking about a keylogger? If so, what evidence did you find for this?

I finally found out how to do a factory reset on my phone without having to go into the settings. So I did that waited about an hour, I signed back in everything seemed fine until I logged in with new account info, gmail address & password Etc. then I tried to get a hold of eBay offerup and google and They kept booting me out and changing passwords again.

If your accounts have been compromised, doing a factory reset of your phone won't help.

So the next day I tried setting just like u do when u get a new phone and everything was completely different. It would just keep me in a loop of giving more usernames and passwords but wouldn’t let me get past the google sign in process.

Did you get this phone brand new, or used/refurbished? This sounds like Factory Reset Protection, and the phone is asking for the Google account/password of the account that was originally associated with this phone (i.e., the previous owner).

That’s all I want out of this really and to gain back access to my main gmail account

Have you already tried recovering your Google account this way? Google Account Recovery

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you get this phone brand new, or used/refurbished? This sounds like Factory Reset Protection, and the phone is asking for the Google account/password of the account that was originally associated with this phone (i.e., the previous owner).

That "previous owner" might be the OP's (possibly) hacked account...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn