My screen cracked :( Anyone know where to send it for repair?

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I was putting my phone into my pant pocket when it slipped out of my hand and fell to the ground. It didn't sound as bad as I thought until I picked up the phone. I don't have any insurance on the phone so I'm wondering if you guys know of any place where I can get my screen replaced? I've seen where you can order the glass screen from ebay or amazon and just replace it yourself, but I don't trust myself. Was thinking of sending it to Samsung, but one of the threads recommended to avoid them as they seem to take forever to fix and send back. Any suggestions? Thanks

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
That sucks. I heard its pretty difficult to repair. If I were you I would sell it on eBay as is or something. I believe the LCD and digitizer are fused together so to replace the broken part would involve just the right amount of heating to loosten the glue.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
That sucks. I heard its pretty difficult to repair. If I were you I would sell it on eBay as is or something. I believe the LCD and digitizer are fused together so to replace the broken part would involve just the right amount of heating to loosten the glue.

Yeah, I've been on the XDA-developers forum thread where people have been fixing the cracked screens. A lot of heating, pulling and patience is needed. Some people have had good success while others made things worse. I like to tinker with things, but I don't trust myself to repair it.

Thanks, I saw this video when I was doing some research. I should have been more clear, but I actually only cracked the glass. On this video the guy replaces the lcd screen as well. I ended up calling Samsung to get a quote and just for the glass it would be $178 and about 2 weeks turnaround time. I might end up going that route.

Last edited:

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a similar boat. Have had a cracked screen for a couple weeks now. I spoke with Samsung tech support, but honestly not having my phone for 2 weeks seems a bit unbearable.

I'm strongly considering sending it to this outfit called Mission Repair. They are very reasonably priced and will do the repair quickly. Yes, it will void my warranty, but a whole lot of good that does me....

Anyone familiar with these guys? Do they do a good job?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a similar boat. Have had a cracked screen for a couple weeks now. I spoke with Samsung tech support, but honestly not having my phone for 2 weeks seems a bit unbearable.

I'm strongly considering sending it to this outfit called Mission Repair. They are very reasonably priced and will do the repair quickly. Yes, it will void my warranty, but a whole lot of good that does me....

Do not send it to anyone but the manufacturer. U could borrow a phone from a friend. Most cell companies will give u a loaner. U will regret voiding your warranty if something serious happens like it bursting into flames or something.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I feel you, 2 weeks is quite a bit of time without a phone. Especially if you're like me and thats your only phone line. I checked the mission repairs website you mentioned briefly and I didn't see any repairs for the Galaxy S3. I'm going to see if I can borrow a phone from someone and just send it in to Samsung. Good luck.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I feel you, 2 weeks is quite a bit of time without a phone. Especially if you're like me and thats your only phone line. I checked the mission repairs website you mentioned briefly and I didn't see any repairs for the Galaxy S3. I'm going to see if I can borrow a phone from someone and just send it in to Samsung. Good luck.

Good. Don't trust anyone. A friend of mine took her phone to a KNOWN repair person to fix the screen. He KEPT her phone. Will not return her calls, and they met in a public place cuz He does it out of his house. so He got a free Droid. I don't trust anyone.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Good. Don't trust anyone. A friend of mine took her phone to a KNOWN repair person to fix the screen. He KEPT her phone. Will not return her calls, and they met in a public place cuz He does it out of his house. so He got a free Droid. I don't trust anyone.

She can blacklist the esn of that phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
She can blacklist the esn of that phone

I don't think She has it anywhere. She's had it for a while. The thing is, this guy is KNOWN. He advertises on a Facebook page for our town. No one knows where He lives, her husband got his work comp settlement so she's buying a new one from Amazon I think. She's not with any company.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think She has it anywhere. She's had it for a while. The thing is, this guy is KNOWN. He advertises on a Facebook page for our town. No one knows where He lives, her husband got his work comp settlement so she's buying a new one from Amazon I think. She's not with any company.

Ya but Verizon should have it on file. I would contact if Verizon, see what they can do. Also she could file a police report. If she had insurance she could file a claim too.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

They do repairs for the GS3. I'm looking at the site right now. I'd cut and paste a link except that my phone is currently suffering from the incredibly-annoying cut and paste bug that causes it to crash every time I try to copy text.

Just click on the cellphone link and you can get to Samsung phone repairs from there.

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll recheck the site again. I'd like to here some feedback from past customers on their thoughts on the work they've had done.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ya but Verizon should have it on file. I would contact if Verizon, see what they can do. Also she could file a police report. If she had insurance she could file a claim too.

She didn't have insurance because She was using prepaid. She's not gonna file a police report, they have enough problems. She just bought a new phone last week. But this has been several months ago. I think She got the Droid Max 2???? I'm not sure. She was just waiting on her husband's settlement. at any rate, I don't trust anyone and wouldn't send my phone anywhere but Samsung to repair it. At least if they eff it up more, they'll have to replace it. I always take a video in store with my husbands phone of my phone working before I hand it over. Even get the Rep on video. So I know I won't get screwed over.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm strongly considering sending it to this outfit called Mission Repair.

I used Mission Repair when my son cracked his screen on his Ipod Touch. The price was reasonable and he was without the Ipod for about 5 days. I recommend them.

I also recommend UBreakIFix if there's one near you. My other son's Iphone sleep/wake button stopped working. They finished the repair onsite in about 30 minutes. They had a cracked screen/digitizer to do on a GS3 when we walked in - the owner tried to do the job herself and ended up taking it to them as a box of parts and asking them to put the phone back together.

Steve

Shaunj10

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone and the screen crack :( I sent it away to redstafford[dot]co[dot]uk and I got it back in about 3 days, all new and shiny... The worst thing is that they don't have a phone nr, so I was anxious for 3 days :)

John R6

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
If you call Samsung @ 1-888-987-4357 you could get all repairs fixed this way. If it's something which is covered by warranty they will fix for free.. If its something not covered by warranty you could pay to have whatever fixed as long as it fixable. You know if Samsung can't fix it no one can..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz