N4 battery. What do you make of this?

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
What do you make of this battery life/ time. I disconnected from power at 7:30am and its now 10:55pm

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1372906483192.jpg
    1372906483192.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 1372906491504.jpg
    1372906491504.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 60

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That's actually pretty good. Got you through the day at least. I get around the same amount with a custom kernel.

Posted via Android Central App

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Stock vanilla android. No roots, no kernels. Only running batteryguru but not convinced its helping as I get this close even without it running. Hoping 4.3 rumors are true about making battery more efficient.

agp101

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
How accurate do you guys find the "screen on time" is within the stock battery settings? Just got my Nexus 4 yesterday night :). Hoping I can get at least 5 hours.

So far, the battery life seems pretty good to me.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I thinks it's pretty good. You can tweak stuff like turning down the screen brightness a bit, turning off GPS when not in use and also Wi-Fi to increase battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Where are the controls for GPS? I think batteryguru is managing this on its own but want to check.

mdandashly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to flame, but 16 hrs total battery with 4 hour screen on time means you spend 25% of your day staring at your phone screen...

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
What do you make of this battery life/ time. I disconnected from power at 7:30am and its now 10:55pm

That's entirely reasonable. Without knowing your setup, I'd say that's right about just above average and you should be pleased with that performance.

Not trying to flame, but 16 hrs total battery with 4 hour screen on time means you spend 25% of your day staring at your phone screen...

Emails, texts, camera, web browsing, stocks, weather, news business... What is it to you how one uses their property? Smartphones are quite advanced these days, and there are plenty of times I grab my Nexus before my MacBook for quick information.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Stock vanilla android. No roots, no kernels. Only running batteryguru but not convinced its helping as I get this close even without it running. Hoping 4.3 rumors are true about making battery more efficient.

If you want better battery life than you are getting, don't use your phone for anything. What you are seeing is what most smart phones are like.

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the input. Actually I check email, send text messages, use Facebook and instagram, read books and my RSS feed as well as play some games and take pictures with a few phone calls here and there. And that's on a busy day.

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
If you want better battery life than you are getting, don't use your phone for anything. What you are seeing is what most smart phones are like.

Actually I got more time on my 3 year old iPhone 4 and that's without making any tweaks to settings (turning of WiFi, Bluetooth, dimming display completely, and shutting down apps and services all the time) so I guess it all depends on what smart phones you are talking about.

I'm not complaining about my battery time, just want to make sure that what I'm experiencing is about average for THIS device.

Thanks

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually I got more time on my 3 year old iPhone 4 and that's without making any tweaks to settings (turning of WiFi, Bluetooth, dimming display completely, and shutting down apps and services all the time) so I guess it all depends on what smart phones you are talking about.

I'm not complaining about my battery time, just want to make sure that what I'm experiencing is about average for THIS device.

Thanks

How does the CPU and screen size from a three year old iPhone compare to your N4 of today? Today's faster processors and larger screen sizes are going to eat more battery quicker. From what I have been reading in the threads here, yes, what you are getting is around average.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
How does the CPU and screen size from a three year old iPhone compare to your N4 of today? Today's faster processors and larger screen sizes are going to eat more battery quicker. From what I have been reading in the threads here, yes, what you are getting is around average.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks. I would like to think that as technology gets better so too would the relation of screen size and CPU to battery life. But yes I agree, based on others reviews and feedback I'm happy if this is average.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I would like to think that as technology gets better so too would the relation of screen size and CPU to battery life. But yes I agree, based on others reviews and feedback I'm happy if this is average.

The larger the screen size, the more pixels to address, the more processing, the more load on the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I think iPhone manages background processes more efficiently, along with the fact its a smaller screen and what not. BUT I've seen iPhones with horrible battery life, and some with amazing battery life (upwards of 8hrs SOT & so on).

But I think the battery life you're getting with your N4 is great if your checking emails social networking gaming and all that. I'm running stock with Franco kernel and I get around the same thing, with possibly better standby time though. I think what you're getting isn't the peak, but its nothing to scoff at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247