N4 with AT&T

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my S3, I decided to give Google Play Music a try, and I gotta say, I loved it. You can choose to keeps songs on device if you'd like, and it's great having all your music with you without taking hardly any space.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my S3, I decided to give Google Play Music a try, and I gotta say, I loved it. You can choose to keeps songs on device if you'd like, and it's great having all your music with you without taking hardly any space.

The free version stores your songs on your device. The paid version gives you other options. $9.99/monthly for those options, is not an option for me. I don't need two copies of my songs on the phone. Thanks for the feedback. I would need to trim down my playlist, or wait for a 32gb nexus. I think that i'll wait.:)

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
How about this for a temporary solution. I can flash the Supernexus 4.2.2 rom. That would give me the space i need on my SGSIII, and also give me the "pure vanilla" feel of the N4. Has anyone tried this rom?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Very tight...No ext SD card and about 12.5 GB of usable space as I recall. Rooting will not help the storage space issue. Not sure how you feel about the cloud and google play music. Google + can auto upload pics and google play music will hold like 20,000 songs and you can transfer from itunes if needed. I did not like those options which is one reason I went for the S4 google play edition to hold pics and music on the ext SD card.

O.K., so i've downloaded google play music manager on my Mac, and synced it with iTunes. Now if i download the google play music app to my SGSIII, i believe that i can remove the music folder(the one i created) from my ext sd card. That should free up over 12gbs. of usable space, allowing me to go for the N4. If all this makes sense to you, please let me know. Thanks.:)

EDIT: Sorry, but i don't think that this will work. All i'm doing is trading one music player for another one. Well, i hope that the N5 will offer a 32gb edition.:p

Last edited:

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Try using a cloud to store the music and play it from there. You may not be able to store it all

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Try using a cloud to store the music and play it from there. You may not be able to store it all

O.K. If i use a cloud to store my 12gbs. of music, then that 12gbs. will be usable again. My understanding is that i will be able to download any of my songs, and then return them back to the cloud. I'm sure that i'll have to set up a password, but that's no big deal. Is there a cloud app that you would recommend? How do i get my entire music collection to the cloud, by just downloading it into the cloud app? Any help with this problem, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
O.K., so i've downloaded google play music manager on my Mac, and synced it with iTunes. Now if i download the google play music app to my SGSIII, i believe that i can remove the music folder(the one i created) from my ext sd card. That should free up over 12gbs. of usable space, allowing me to go for the N4. If all this makes sense to you, please let me know. Thanks.:)

EDIT: Sorry, but i don't think that this will work. All i'm doing is trading one music player for another one. Well, i hope that the N5 will offer a 32gb edition.:p

There is an file called Music Manager that you download to your computer and tell it where you store your music. In your case it will be itunes. It then uploads all of the music it can (some are not DRM free) to the Google Play music cloud up to 20,000. You then log in on your phone into the google play music app and all of your songs will be available to stream. It will free up all the space on your device. You can "pin" various songs which will download them and save them on your device for like a flight in which you will not have wifi or network available.

It may take days to upload that many songs to the google music cloud.

I am definitely spending my $$$ for the new Nexus! I have my money ready to go when it hits the Google Play store! Come on 32GB!

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
There is an file called Music Manager that you download to your computer and tell it where you store your music. In your case it will be itunes. It then uploads all of the music it can (some are not DRM free) to the Google Play music cloud up to 20,000. You then log in on your phone into the google play music app and all of your songs will be available to stream. It will free up all the space on your device. You can "pin" various songs which will download them and save them on your device for like a flight in which you will not have wifi or network available.

It may take days to upload that many songs to the google music cloud.

I am definitely spending my $$$ for the new Nexus! I have my money ready to go when it hits the Google Play store! Come on 32GB!

Thanks for the info. I'm also waiting on the N5. Give me 4G LTE & 32gbs, and it will all be good.:)