N6 Sideload error with 5.0.1

DBLX

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have sideloaded my N7 with no issues. I tried to load 5.0.1 to my N6 but every time it gets to send file to the phone, it shows disconnected. I'm using the Nexus root toolkit. I have turned off encryption. What do I do?

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on both my Mac and Windows 7. I got the phone to exchange a cert with Win 7 and I checked the box to always allow. When it goes into recovery it's not visible and it's never visible in Mac OS (I used to use it with previous Nexus with no problems).

I am encrypted with preboot auth so I'm a little relieved that it's happening to unencrypted devices.

I remember using a method once where I dropped the OTA onto the phone and then I rebooted the phone and selected the file from the recovery options. Can someone point me to instructions for this? I can move files on and off the phone...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I can actually get it to reboot the phone in Mac and Windows 7 using "adb reboot bootloader" however, any subsequent commands state "device unconnected" after that.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was able to sideload the ota by doing the adb reboot bootloader. After rebooting into recovery I went to apply update from adb. After that on my computer, I have a Mac, I then typed in adb kill-server and pressed enter. Then I typed in adb sideload then dragged my ota which was in platform tools to the terminal beside my command and pressed enter. That worked for me. Not sure if it will work for you since you are rooted.

Posted via the Android Central App

DBLX

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Is there something special needed for updating platform tools? Mine updates at startup and says its good

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I opened the SDK manager and it showed that updates were available for certain installed components, platform-tools (adb, fastboot, etc...) was among them

DBLX

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Since I have encryption off, does anyone think thats causing my issue? I just got the OTA but it fails upon installation too.