Nanoglass screen protector

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I think you are misunderstanding what this liquid actually is. I can't for a minute believe that applying this to the screen will prevent the screen from breaking in a drop. The only real benefit that I can see from this is to prevent the micro scratches that the latest screens are susceptible to. Regardless of what the packaging or the companies may say, there is no way these liquid nano coatings will keep the glass from breaking. For the protection you are looking for you need to put a tempered glass screen protector on your phone. Period.
That's the part I was concerned with. Once applied, it essentially becomes another layer on your screen. If you were to drop it, how would the liquid glass keep the screen from breaking? A tempered glass protector would take the hit and distribute the force of the impact thereby reducing the force on the screen itself. Kinda like a race car, it's designed to break if hit hard enough. The liquid glass becomes part of the screen and, so with any impact, the force isn't distributed away from the screen because it is essentially part of the screen.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You're still not getting the point: a screen protector isn't any good if it cannot be removed and replaced if and when damaged. It should protect the screen, not be part of it.

I would agree with that statement IF that was my intended purpose for the protection. My intended purpose is for the coating to prevent scratches. I don't plan on it getting scratched, thus I don't foresee a need to remove and replace it. If you are thinking it is going to keep the screen from cracking (NOT) then I would see your point. In your case you need a tempered glass screen protector.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I would agree with that statement IF that was my intended purpose for the protection. My intended purpose is for the coating to prevent scratches. I don't plan on it getting scratched, thus I don't foresee a need to remove and replace it. If you are thinking it is going to keep the screen from cracking (NOT) then I would see your point. In your case you need a tempered glass screen protector.

ConsumeReports tested the N8 and were unable to scratch the screen using a hardness 9 implement. However, the screen did break when tumbled in a metal drum. So it would seem that the Nano coating is unnecessary if all you want to do is protect it from scratches.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I too had a liquid protector I purchased at SAM after going through my second Whitestone Dome glass protector. Great product, did what it claim to do, in regards to sratches. However, it didn't protect the screen from my phone dropping on the floor and breaking the glass. Was able to get a replacement through Samsung premium care and my 100 dollar deductable funded by the liquid glass company.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
ConsumeReports tested the N8 and were unable to scratch the screen using a hardness 9 implement. However, the screen did break when tumbled in a metal drum. So it would seem that the Nano coating is unnecessary if all you want to do is protect it from scratches.

Regardless of what Consumer Reports says, I have owned the Note 7, V20 and now the Note 8 and I can guarantee you that you WILL have micro scratches within a month of owning ANY phone with Gorilla Glass 5 on it unless you use a screen protector or the nano liquid protector.

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Regardless of what Consumer Reports says, I have owned the Note 7, V20 and now the Note 8 and I can guarantee you that you WILL have micro scratches within a month of owning ANY phone with Gorilla Glass 5 on it unless you use a screen protector or the nano liquid protector.
Samsung S8+ here, case without screen protector. No micro scratches whatsoever, exactly as it was on the day I bought it many months ago.

gnjusss

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I also have a liquid nano screen protector, similar to this one.
I applied it in October last year, just when I bought my Note 8.

I did not want to use tempered glass screen protectors because I did not know how the SPen will work.

I use a wallet style flip case when on the go, so I basically do not need any screen protectors,
but I applied this to prevent scratches, both on the front and on the back and sides.
I also applied it because it is so easy to apply, and it fits ANY screen, any phone.
As far as my experience with it:
My screen gets smudged nonetheless. I can see fingerprint strokes and swipes when the screen is off.
There is no glare protection, none that I can see anyway.
There is decent liquid protection though: any water or liquid will just slide off, probably
because of the nano film.

It has been almost 6 months since I applied it, and the instructions said that
the film naturally wears off in 10-12 months, so it should be reapplied before that.

I am mostly satisfied, it's just those damn fingerprints....

Algebruh_m8

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
I would like to know this as well. I remember a while back when I was reading about this and I think someone (maybe a reviewer on Amazon - not sure) said that it's intended to be permanent and it cannot be removed. Well, if that is true - that makes absolutely NO sense. The whole point of the screen protector is for it to get damaged first, and then you remove/replace it when it gets damaged. If it's permanent and cannot be removed, then how is it different from the glass without a screen protector? I think that person spoke without knowing what he was talking about.

You can't remove because it lasts for 1 year. I too have it in my Note 8. But guys I need help. Supposedly it's scratch resistant but even the most miniscule of dust has left my screen ugly. Anyway to remove? I had to get a tempered glass screen because this Nanoglass technology doesn't seem to work.