Nav dock with extended battery?

bigjotto316

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, does anyone here use the oem motorola navigation dock along with the extended battery? The extended battery makes the bionic quite a bit thicker, and I'm nervous it may not fit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If you get the holster hard case combo, it fits with the case if you remove the adapter plates in the docks. The car dock is a little too snug but will fit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Not only does it fit but you don't even need to remove the adapter. One suggestion. I found ( and posted elsewhere) that the Bionic is a real juice hound when it is in the car dock doing navigation. I purchased a USB cigar adapter that outputs 2.1 amps and the Bionic will at times use most of them. I don't know if the standard car charger will keep up.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Not only does it fit but you don't even need to remove the adapter. One suggestion. I found ( and posted elsewhere) that the Bionic is a real juice hound when it is in the car dock doing navigation. I purchased a USB cigar adapter that outputs 2.1 amps and the Bionic will at times use most of them. I don't know if the standard car charger will keep up.

I have an older Verizon car charger and it barely gains some charge while navigating in the car dock. I don't know about the current one with the extra usb charging port in it.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an older Verizon car charger and it barely gains some charge while navigating in the car dock. I don't know about the current one with the extra usb charging port in it.
Could you look on the charger to see if they list an output spec? It should be something like output 5volts at 850ma?
Would be nice to know. Btw the adapter I bought was only 10 bucks and works with any USB to micro USB cable. This combo will fully charge the phone in around 3 hours while using nav and other apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dahikino2