Navigation buttons or gesture navigation

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Even though I am a Google pixel lover and user, here are my thoughts. Since Android 10, I have been using the gesture system Google created . However, I really miss at least for star android/pixel phones I feel like the three buttons navigation is more direct, much more fluid and more responsive than the gestures. I will admit I don’t know how a galaxy phone is these days, but for my pixel, that’s what I am feeling so far. Samsung’s gesture navigation might beat out Googles very own gesture navigation, but hose are just my feelings.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gestures! But is good that there is a choice!

Agree, the beauty of android versus iOS that there are options customizations that we can do a users to make the operating system easier to navigate and more fluid to use on a daily basis!

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been in the Gestures Camp for awhile now & seem to be happy with that choice. My Husband is a button man, which I forget when I have his phone. I will be gesturing away with no response thinking 'What has he done to his phone?'.

:D

jimmy5cent

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Gestures. More specifically the Samsung One Hand Operation +. It's awesome. No more tracking for the bottom of the screen even to go home.

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Gestures, I am shocked that people still use the buttons. Gestures are so quick and natural, the buttons seem like such a klugey old fashioned solution.

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Gestures, I am shocked that people still use the buttons. Gestures are so quick and natural, the buttons seem like such a klugey old fashioned solution.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised so many people are using gestures, particularly in this era where everything needs to happen instantly! I've tried both, and buttons are that little bit quicker for my general use.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually pleasantly surprised so many people are using gestures, particularly in this era where everything needs to happen instantly! I've tried both, and buttons are that little bit quicker for my general use.

Like I said, I have used gestures for all of my android 10 & 11 life and enjoy the gestures . But buttons I am realizing are quicker and more responsive. They make everything feel more responsive!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Buttons here!
Although, I really loved to use gestures on my Palm Prē back in the day...
I don't think I've used Google or Apple gestures, but I tried with the gestures on my Samsung phone; ugh, dumb dumb!
My daughter uses a Motorola phone, using gestures on that phone is actually closer to the way WebOS did it.
My daughter loves using gestures on her Motorola phone, and I let her use my Palm Prē just to see her reaction, she loved it!
So, if Google, Samsung etc, use a gesture solution similar to WebOS or Motorola, than definitely, gestures for the win!
Isn't Duarte working for Android/Google now, what's the hold up on using gestures the right and best way?
Sent From the TARDIS

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Trying the gestures and I like them. The only thing bothering me is switching back and forth between the same 2 apps. With buttons you double tap the recent button and it feels Way quicker! With gestures unless I'm missing a shortcut? you have to swipe up and hold, then lift your finger and tap when the app moves over. So unless there is some quicker way I'm missing I'll probably go back to buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001