Need a better sms app

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I was using Verizon messages + which i really liked but they are discontinuing it and pushing the Google messages. I've been using Google messages now for a couple of weeks and I don't like it. Not nearly as good as messages +. Anyone got a recommendation of a really good texting app that's intuitive and easy to use? Thank you!!

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I would recommend that you check out Textra. However, you should know that, just like other Android messaging apps, unless and until Google opens up their protocol/API to 3rd parties, RCS will not be supported.

Textra info HERE.

Last edited:
Reactions: ansa82

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I'd be sticking with Samsung Messages except for the fact that the almost daily prompts to move to Google Messages is a pain. another fun fact.....I've lost some messages in the transition. all of my messages in Samsung Messages would save to Samsung Cloud. end of the world? no. a shame and aggravating? yes.

Reactions: ansa82

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'd be sticking with Samsung Messages except for the fact that the almost daily prompts to move to Google Messages is a pain. another fun fact.....I've lost some messages in the transition. all of my messages in Samsung Messages would save to Samsung Cloud. end of the world? no. a shame and aggravating? yes.
They gave me a specific date of like Nov 7 and messages + would be turned off. So is regular Verizon messages staying on or are they turning that off as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gcnetspeed