Need a messaging app that blocks texts that aren't in contacts and has schedule send

Matt 5

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
I have been using textra for years, but it lacks the ability to messages that aren't from contacts. The problem with blocking unknown messages I heard was that it requires a new texting app that supports that feature, and the ones I tried do not support schedule send. So its a catch 22. Do I want the inconveience of not being able to schedule send a message, or do I want scammers messsaging me claiming to be from my bank?

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
The problem with blocking unknown messages I heard was that it requires a new texting app that supports that feature, and the ones I tried do not support schedule send. So its a catch 22. Do I want the inconveience of not being able to schedule send a message, or do I want scammers messsaging me claiming to be from my bank?
It seems like a simple enough request,but I'm finding the same as you - one feature or the other. Call & SMS Blocker allows blocking everyone but contacts, but not scheduled sending. I'm wondering though if you really want to block everyone that's not a contact. That could cause for example, a doctor's office being unable to contact you. The stock Messages app allows scheduled sending (long-press the Send icon) and does a pretty good job of weeding out spam and unknown by enabling the "Spam protection" feature in the app's settings.

Matt 5

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
Google messages has both but its too fancy for me and has too many distractions. Like the search bar constantly changing text