Need an Evo user to snap macro pics...

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Would someone with an Evo mind snapping some VERY up close pics with your cam? Also, can you explore the settings to see what the options are for close up pics? My BB Tour has an "up close" setting and takes incredibly great up-close pics.. and I need this for my business.

Please take some with and without flash - thanks!

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You do realize there's only like 3 people here who actually have an EVO, and they all have lives, right? Maybe give them more than 90 minutes to respond.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Vincent, don't be bitter because I teased you in another post. Plenty of these users have responded in milliseconds to answer other questions about the device they have "before everyone else".

auburn, I'm an educator in the beauty biz.

auburnmk

May 15, 2010
Visit site
No mind in the gutter here lol, just wanted to know what business would require such high-resolution closeups. My initial thought was dermatology.

Be glad to help out when I get my evo next week, but I'm sure you'll have yours by then as well!

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Well, it's not stellar. I took pics of a Netflix envelope to see how close I could get. I zoomed in all the way and got as close as I could while still being focused. One of these pics I used the flash and it was slightly better.

Close up tests

If I didn't use the zoom, I couldn't get close enough to take a clear picture. My first impression is that it's not close to "macro". May be better outside in sunlight, not sure. It's cloudy here :)

SassyLina

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's not stellar. I took pics of a Netflix envelope to see how close I could get. I zoomed in all the way and got as close as I could while still being focused. One of these pics I used the flash and it was slightly better.

Close up tests

If I didn't use the zoom, I couldn't get close enough to take a clear picture. My first impression is that it's not close to "macro". May be better outside in sunlight, not sure. It's cloudy here :)

Did you check the settings to see if there is a Macro setting?

gol706

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site

Close up tests

Comparing that to my Pre's non-autofocus camera those are fantastic. I'll just be happy that I can get my phone to focus at all on normal 12pt text on a piece of paper.

feet

May 20, 2010
Visit site
You could also try one of those cellphone charm macro lenses. They're pretty cheap so you wouldnt be out much if it didnt work.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
I saw somewhere that there are magnetic lenses that can stick to the Evo camera lens. Maybe a macro one will be made available. Can't for the life of me remember where I saw those lenses though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claudio1986saavedra