Need file renaming app that can rename extensions

Mark Normand

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Tried ES File Explorer it worked a while then stopped and left some bloatware and such. Had to remove/uninstall.

I have at times 5 to 25 AVI type video files created by game cameras.....they are .TLS files need to bulk rename them all to .AVI then they run fine on my big Samsung 12.2 tablet. Renaming one file at a time is too slow.

The game camera manu decided to call them .TLS files to run under their Windows viewing program but the are simply avi videos.

Anyone suggest a good app that is not full of ads , or virus, or other junk ? Don't mind paying for something solid.

Thx much!

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
You should be able to attach the mobile device to your computer and then use the computer's OS tools to rename the files.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
So that you don't need to rename them individually, you might see if any of the command shells (terminal emulators) will work on your tablet. If so, you can create a shell script to do the batch renaming.

Jonathan234

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Tried ES File Explorer it worked a while then stopped and left some bloatware and such. Had to remove/uninstall.

I have at times 5 to 25 AVI type video files created by game cameras.....they are .TLS files need to bulk rename them all to .AVI then they run fine on my big Samsung 12.2 tablet. Renaming one file at a time is too slow.

The game camera manu decided to call them .TLS files to run under their Windows viewing program but the are simply avi videos.

Anyone suggest a good app that is not full of ads , or virus, or other junk ? Don't mind paying for something solid.

Thx much!

Hello,
There is a simple solution for your trouble. I suggest you to try BatchRenameFiles Tool program and you can change pretty much everything you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelvinbrooklyn