Need Help: Samsung Keyboard Autocorrect

Matt J

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I am stumped. My Samsung Keyboard is suggesting the craziest autocorrect words that are not even words.

For example, the word "suggesting" above is underlined and the suggested word is "isnsuggesting".

Another example is "example". Is was just underlined and suggested as "examome". "Just" is "Juat"

What the heck is going on? It has been doing this for a couple of months and I'm at wits end. My only language installed is US English. I have reset the settings and it doesn't help.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you see those incorrect suggestions, try long-pressing them and selecting Remove. It's possible that at some point, you mistyped something, then tapped something on the keyboard to make it think that was a new word to remember.

Matt J

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
When you see those incorrect suggestions, try long-pressing them and selecting Remove. It's possible that at some point, you mistyped something, then tapped something on the keyboard to make it think that was a new word to remember.

Well, I can try. Some of the words just seem insane. I'm usually pretty good when typing.

I will give it a shot. Thanks!

Matt J

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Hahaha my bad thought u just got it, tell u truth it's just bad lol.. Can try reset and train it again, but I use gboard and SwiftKey

I've already reset it and deleted the trained words. Same thing. Just kicks out random gibberish.

I can't be the only b*stard this is happening to??? Can I?

TodaySteve

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
I really haven't had any problems with the samsung keyboard. When I typed this the suggested word was usually ready to tap after a couple letters were typed. I am slower than normal at typing though.

Last edited:

Matt J

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I did some experimentation. I installed Gboard and it works perfectly. The autocorrect is flawless.

I went back to Samsung Keyboard, reset all the settings, cleared the learned words, cleared all cache and data, force stopped the app, and tried again.

The words it is suggesting are complete gibberish. For example, "example" is underlined and the suggested word is "excampke". How is it coming to this determination? There should be no data to support this.

Is there a way to uninstall Samsung Keyboard completely, and reinstall?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's a preinstalled app, you can probably only uninstall all updates, then update it again, but that's still worth trying.

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've already reset it and deleted the trained words. Same thing. Just kicks out random gibberish.

I can't be the only b*stard this is happening to??? Can I?
Happens to me as well, the gibberish crap. Although adjusting the size of the keyboard helped quite a bit. Still does it some but nowhere near like it did.

Matt J

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
If it's a preinstalled app, you can probably only uninstall all updates, then update it again, but that's still worth trying.

Yes, I did try this. Then reset all the settings again... clean slate.... and right off the bat it starts recommending gibberish!

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I had to reset my phone recently and noticed that samsung keyboard predictions were bad. But after using it around 3 days it quickly learnt my way and it is accurate 80% of the time now. Looks like it needs sometime.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos