Need Help with galaxy S3

c_h_r_i_s_p

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I recently got a samsung galaxy S3 in a trade, everything seemed legit until i went to go activate it at mts, they told me the phone can be activated but it's still registered to someone elses account. Until the device is released they can't activate it, I phoned the guy several times and every time he says he'll do it but he never does. I did have it checked at mts, so it's not flagged as stolen or lost and i checked the imei, it's clear. So my question is if i take my sim from my blackberry torch 9800, cut it into a micro-sim and put it in the S3, will it actually work or will mts find out and block the device? I feel like i got totally screwed, and from reading up on it, it seems like it fairly common. I'm just looking for ideas of a way around this so i can actually use the phone.

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I recently got a samsung galaxy S3 in a trade, everything seemed legit until i went to go activate it at mts, they told me the phone can be activated but it's still registered to someone elses account. Until the device is released they can't activate it, I phoned the guy several times and every time he says he'll do it but he never does. I did have it checked at mts, so it's not flagged as stolen or lost and i checked the imei, it's clear. So my question is if i take my sim from my blackberry torch 9800, cut it into a micro-sim and put it in the S3, will it actually work or will mts find out and block the device? I feel like i got totally screwed, and from reading up on it, it seems like it fairly common. I'm just looking for ideas of a way around this so i can actually use the phone.

Thanks.

How did you get the device? From a website like Ebay? If so, I would contact the site and inform them of the seller.

c_h_r_i_s_p

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
No i had got it from a guy i traded with on kijiji, we meet, i asked him all the questions i could think of and checked the device. He bought the phone outright after he screwed he's first one by dropping it. It never crossed my mind that it would be registered to his account and i wouldn't be able to use it. Is there a way around this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No i had got it from a guy i traded with on kijiji, we meet, i asked him all the questions i could think of and checked the device. He bought the phone outright after he screwed he's first one by dropping it. It never crossed my mind that it would be registered to his account and i wouldn't be able to use it. Is there a way around this?

Not that I am aware of.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

djjustpaul

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I took the Rogers sim out of my iphone4 and put it in my 2nd hand Rogers galaxyS3 and every thing works accept:
  • Video texting
  • Visual voice mail.