Need help

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
So I unlocked the bootloader using the Htc dev unlock method I have hboot1.5 then flashed clockwork mod recovery and flashed the newt one s rc3 rom and the boot image all I get is bootloops over and over lock screen comes up with battery icon and everything but the lock ring and then reboots I tried to restore a nandroid if my stock rom all it does is go to the white screen with the green Htc letters and then it goes black and nothing, I can get into recovery but not fast boot USB I even tried flashing other Roms and the rooted stock Rom but to no avail it doesn't work. I really don't know what to do to get it back to normal I would be very gratefully if any of you could help me with this

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
So I unlocked the bootloader using the Htc dev unlock method I have hboot1.5 then flashed clockwork mod recovery and flashed the newt one s rc3 rom and the boot image all I get is bootloops over and over lock screen comes up with battery icon and everything but the lock ring and then reboots I tried to restore a nandroid if my stock rom all it does is go to the white screen with the green Htc letters and then it goes black and nothing, I can get into recovery but not fast boot USB I even tried flashing other Roms and the rooted stock Rom but to no avail it doesn't work. I really don't know what to do to get it back to normal I would be very gratefully if any of you could help me with this

Hey taguluchi,

Sounds like you have a boot image issue. Try this, take out the battery and re insert it, then put your recovery image in you folder you have fastboot in. Now power the phone up by holding vol down and power. Once hboot comes up select fastboot. Now type "fastboot boot yourrecovery.img" yourrecovery.img should be the name of the recovery that you put in the folder with fastboot. If all goes well then you'll be in recovery and you'll have write permission to the boot partition and you can now flash any Rom you want without worrying about an extra flash for the boot image, or you can restore a nandroid backup.

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey taguluchi,

Sounds like you have a boot image issue. Try this, take out the battery and re insert it, then put your recovery image in you folder you have fastboot in. Now power the phone up by holding vol down and power. Once hboot comes up select fastboot. Now type "fastboot boot yourrecovery.img" yourrecovery.img should be the name of the recovery that you put in the folder with fastboot. If all goes well then you'll be in recovery and you'll have write permission to the boot partition and you can now flash any Rom you want without worrying about an extra flash for the boot image, or you can restore a nandroid backup.

I can boot into recovery from hboot I try flashing my nandroid, backup and it acts like it went well then I reboot system and it boots to the white screen with the green HTC letters then goes black and nothing happens

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I can boot into recovery from hboot I try flashing my nandroid, backup and it acts like it went well then I reboot system and it boots to the white screen with the green HTC letters then goes black and nothing happens

If you don't boot recovery from fastboot as I suggested, then you can't write to the boot partition. That's the drawback of htcdev unlock. Your nandroid is installing everything but the boot image and that's why its not booting.

The only way to get around this is to use an app to flash the boot image from within the android os, which isn't an option for you since you can't boot up, or you can fastboot to recovery and have full write permission to the boot partition, your nandroid will work if you do this. Also, any tom will install like this, no need to flash a seperate boot image. When you fastboot to recovery, its kinda like having s-off or like having a fully unlocked phone.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
When I get to fast boot and connect my phone with the USB cable it doesn't recognize the phone I have all the drivers installed what could I do to recognize it so I can use the method you are talking about

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This might sound kinda obvious but can you select fastboot USB?

Try this... Power off the phone, plug into computer, type adb reboot bootloader. Does that get you into fastboot USB?

Reactions: taguluchi

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey taguluchi,

Ok it did finally recognize my phone it didn't last night but anyway I did the command prompts and it did put me into recovery and I'm flashing the nandroid backup right now well see in a bit here what happens (fingers crossed)

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
If you don't boot recovery from fastboot as I suggested, then you can't write to the boot partition. That's the drawback of htcdev unlock. Your nandroid is installing everything but the boot image and that's why its not booting.

The only way to get around this is to use an app to flash the boot image from within the android os, which isn't an option for you since you can't boot up, or you can fastboot to recovery and have full write permission to the boot partition, your nandroid will work if you do this. Also, any tom will install like this, no need to flash a seperate boot image. When you fastboot to recovery, its kinda like having s-off or like having a fully unlocked phone.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Thank you it worked I appreciate your help and have learned how HTC dev unlock works from you. Thank you so much

jfstx1

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So I I have two roms on my sd card. I reboot to the white htc screen as well. You said there was an app I could use to get it to flash the boot image? I'm trying to load the meanics 2.4 or the zr3d images

thanks
JfStX