Need honest cpu and battery temps at rest or charging

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's not going to be the same. I live in a tropical country, so unless I measure it in an airconditioned room, I'm going to obviously get higher readings than most other people.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
During fast charging. Non airconditioned room.
0ebd02cbdd4e431aef1d0b8d3ec8074c.jpg

JCraigTD

May 27, 2016
Visit site

Bingo baby....ty so much. Then im the norm. Finally after days with samsung and verizon. Reality.mine now/BATTERY AT 30C

View attachment 231917
These are absolutely inappropriate. Check any video regarding this in YouTube. They have much lower readings. It's sure that no app currently in the play store can read the temperature of s7 for unknown reasons. Only recommended way is to use a IR reader.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
These are absolutely inappropriate. Check any video regarding this in YouTube. They have much lower readings. It's sure that no app currently in the play store can read the temperature of s7 for unknown reasons. Only recommended way is to use a IR reader.
I'm in a tropical country with an ambient room temperature in the 30s in a non airconditioned room, which was how I took the first picture. This is entirely appropriate in my setting. It's impossible foe the phone to be cooler than the room temp. Here are my stats right now, just pulled out of the charger, night time, air conditioned room:

0d498e87cd13b1ba8e7dec49a8311d70.jpg

Plus an IR reader will only read surface temp, not the insides. The surface will be cooler than inside. Heck, laptop processors normally run at 40-50C, and your laptops, nor the air blown out, doesn't reach that temp when using IR readers on them.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Has seen it reach 70-80 C. So do you mean that is appropriate?
I wonder if you understood what I said.

The phone cannot have a temperature lower than the surrounding air. Since I live in a tropical country where noon temps can reach near 40s, a reading of 50C would not be impossible for me.

But if you were in a place like Alaska, or in the dead of winter, a reading on the phone of 50 or even 40C is questionable.

anon(9780053)

Banned
Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
temps look great. cant we just get along. change the tune now and asking has ANYONE EVER used isopropyl alcohol to clean device. not the screen.HELL NO am i gonna put a s7 edge under water/tempting fate.