Netflix app shutting down my Nexus4 with 4.3?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing this?

I just got the Chromecast and installed that app and Netflix and besides the Netflix being super buggy... I've walked away from my phone and twice come back to have the phone turned off. Never happened before installing the Chromecast and Netflix app last night. For me that's the worst kind of crash when it shuts down your phone. And seems to take a couple of trys to power back on.

itslikeimsayin

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
It is a known issue with compatibility. Netflix is working on it

Do you have a source or any additional info on this? I just installed the Netflix app last night and was using it right before I went to bed. I woke up this morning and my alarm hadn't gone off, only to find my phone had turned itself off at some point overnight. I'm assuming this is why. Should I uninstall or will it only happen immediately after using the Netflix app?

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
From the Nexus Facebook page..

Google Nexus 4
7 hours ago
Google aware of current Netflix bug on Android 4.3 devices; Fix is on the way

Currently, running Netflix on your Android 4.3 device causes the device?s power lock button to become unresponsive once it?s put to sleep. Definitely an annoying bug and you can be sure Google and Netflix are currently working on a fix ASAP. According to Google?s own Dan Morrill, ?top men? are currently working on a fix that will be pushed as soon as it?s finished.
Until then, the only way to revive the device is to hold the power button until it restarts. We?ll let you all know once the update is pushed!

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Sounds to me like someone wrote Netflix and made some shortcuts in their code. I mean, seriously... HTF does an app that's not even being run lock up your power button?!?